hf1

I've been brave.

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

I've been brave.

Postby yellow45 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:45 pm

...& have put Toby in a cloth nappy to bed tonight. We've been using sposies as he sleeps for 14hrs a night and he was soaking through his cloth nappies. Plus, since he's been sleeping through (since 13 wks), I've been too much of a wuss to try again as I love m sleep too much to risk him waking.

But we have bought a few more different nappies to try and I felt brave tonight. He's gone to bed in a tots bots bamboozle stretch with 2 LL bamboo boosters with a flip over the top-is this going to work?? :panic:

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: I've been brave.

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:10 pm

way to go!! if it's any consolation, liam doesn't wake at night for wetness, dh once put him down for 12 hours in just a prefold and wrap! he woke up in a sea of wee with a huge smile on his face at 7 the next morning!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 pm

:wine: Let us know how you get on.

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 am

It worked! Yey! Toby was dry this morning :)
I might have to switch to cloth full time now, but I don't have any other nappies I could use overnight though. The bamboozle stretch was soaked with 2 LL boosters so I think I would need something quite heavy duty.

:) :)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:36 am

Glad Toby was dry. :wine: :wine:

You said the nappy was soaked on the outside. Did you use a wrap or wool soaker? It's just you said on another post that you are going to buy some more of the stretchies and Toby's wetting is going to increase as he gets bigger & you are already boosting the stretchies so there is not much you can do to make them absorb more. Switching to wool will help. Also perhaps switching out one of the boosters for a hemp booster but it wouldn't add a lot of absorbancy.

Maybe getting a dedicated night nappy with a pocket that you can stuff would help. You can pick up weenotion night nappies relatively cheap on here.

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 am

I used a wrap but the stretchie itself was very wet-he was dry to the touch though. I've tried a WNNN but I can't get a good fit on him at all-it fits on the tummy buy gapes at the legs. Would you recommend any others then? I don't want to spend too much.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:36 am

Victory!! :wine: :wine:

TBH, I find heavily boosted bamboozles (although I've got old style ones) and heavily boosted bamboo LL to be the best for overnight. I've also used two terry squares with good results. Also fleece pajamas help a lot.

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 am

Thanks :) Haven't looked at the LL bamboo. Off for a browse now :)

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm

I find fleece or wool better for overnight as it allows the air to circulate more and so the air can get to the nappy and allows some of the wetness to evaporate, so the nappy isn't as soaking wet as it would be with a PUL wrap.

I had the same problem with WNNNs fitting for a while but now they seem to be OK again. But other ones you could try are Holdens Landing Bedbugs (or even a Bedbug Plus if he is a mega heavy wetter). I also used to like Minki pockets for overnight (I wouldnt normally recommend pockets for overnight but these really did work - I used to stuff them Wonderfulls microfibre inserts as well as boosting with either an Easy Peasy Hemp or an Issy Bear Bamboo insert and they lasted the night. Other options are a Fluff n Stuff heavy wetter, I also think Puddlekins do a good night nappy?

Rach xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat