I'm at my wits end!

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

I'm at my wits end!

Postby mama2boyz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 am

I'm so fed up!!!!!

DS2 (age 3) is on the fence when it comes to using the loo - sometimes yes, mostly no.

Problem is no nappy/wrap contains his pee/poo.

Wool (either knit or crochet) 'works' sometimes but other times the pee just comes out an trickles down his leg = puddle on the floor. I lanolise frequently. The other issue with wool is that the longies stink depsite airing them an washing them regularly - they need washing every 2/3 uses otherwise they stink to high heaven.

PUL wraps give him a red sore willy.

Tried pockets but they leak at the legs.

Even disposables don't work as as soon as he poos in them they fall down smearing poo on his back, legs, t-shirt, trousers - :x :x

I've tried Sandys, Minki pockets, Itti SIO, swaddlebees, totsbots.

I'm at my wits end here as to be honest he's very productive in the poo department as we eat wholegrain everything.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

or at least calm me down! It's ridiculous but I'm really frustrated with him which is daft bc none of this is his fault.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: I'm at my wits end!

Postby usinukveg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 am

:hug: I don't have anything to say other than I hope that someone comes around with some fabulous advice!

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 am

Maybe its time to go cold turkey straight into pants?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:15 am

scarlet wrote:Maybe its time to go cold turkey straight into pants?

This is what I'd do. It doesnt sound like it would be much more difficult for you tbh if nothing is containing it anymore. I dont really see the point in you spending more on nappies when you just wont get the value from them.

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mama2boyz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 pm

I did try putting him in pants with the result of soggy clothes 5 times a day, despite me 'coaching' him to go to the loo throughout the day.

But I'm willing to try again.

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:05 pm

I totally understand. I'm been going through the same thing with my nearly 3 year old son. At one point I was begging him to sit on the potty.
I left it for a couple of weeks just to let things settle then I told him he was a big, clever boy and I knew he could do it. I got a reward chart and used that, praised him at every moment he even sat on the potty. He can stay dry whilst out and about now. He still has accidents, I just deal with them quietly and carry on. I also recommend a fold away potty. The little degradable bags have frog pictures which he likes to wee on.
You just have to stick with it and smile even when you're wiping poo off the carpet.
He is still in nappies at night, but next week I'm going to bite the bullet and let him go commando!
My thoughts are with you.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Other than a sposie under wool, or a pocket under wool i would go for training too.
I bit the bullet yesterday with SOphie as we were having wet clothes ALL day from flooding nappies. Yesterday was a huge battle of wills, but today so far she has been 100% dry and the stickers and jelly tot's are going down well!!

How is he bare bummed?? Sophie would pee through clothes but is managing pants fine today!

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 pm

charlibunny wrote:How is he bare bummed?? Sophie would pee through clothes but is managing pants fine today!

I was going to say bare bummed too. We did this with Lani for 2 days before putting pants and a skirt on, then progressed to trousers, and she was fine.

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Don't let the pressure of training get to you. Make it fun if you can. It's easy to get down on yourself. I was getting asked from all quarters how he was doing, which made me feel worse!
He will do it at his own pace. If you relax, he will too. Chocolate buttons work wonders too.
I also got him to pee in a cup when in the bath. It sounds gross but it really worked and helped him control his peeing. Boys tend to pee in the bath anyway!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat