At the end of my tether

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

At the end of my tether

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:09 pm

The rash is back :cry:

I have posted before about Sandys rash issues and over the past few months i have stopped using fleece liners, stopped using fleece covers, stopped using pockets and aios so now we are purely using fitteds with velour inners with wool covers. I thought we were sorted but no :( Today we have yet more burn like marks on his bum and inner thighs. Im at a loss as to what to do. Ive put him in a disposable (with a fitted on top because they always leak) tonight so i could slather him in cream and im thinking about ditching the night nappies completely as that seems to aggravate things. I dont want to give up altogether but im cracking up, i thought i had it sorted :(

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: At the end of my tether

Postby weefywoo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Is it with all his fitteds?

I get that with Zarah when I use a certain nappy :-?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:20 pm

I thought for a while it was just his HLs and put it down the them being turned, but hes had serged DnFs on all day today and its still happened. 2 of his night nappies are super absorbant custom velour puddlekins and the other 2 lls wool superwetters and even the wool ones have done it sometimes.

Its awkward because he does massive power wees, i can cheeck him after 2v hours and him be pretty much dry trhen 5 mins later the nappy is saturated so thats probably not helping either.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:22 pm

I would suggest trying to pt him but he is still only small :hug: :hug:

Maybe try eco disps on him! Better that then him sore and you worring :(

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:57 pm

We can't use night nappies on Austin either. Cloth is fine for day use but as soon as I try 24 hours he comes out in a rash :( weird.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:18 pm

We had to ditch the night nappies a while back due to burn like marks on his bum, legs and winkie :(

I used aloe vera vaseline as a barrier cream and it cleared him up pretty fast. We also have the power wee issues now too

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks everyone. Im going to trial using dispos at night for a week and see how we get on, if that does the trick i will list them on the classifieds. I just hope that works, if it carries on with the day nappies i dont know what to do :cry:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:04 pm

i would suggest giving potty a go he may suprise you :wink: Izzy started outpeeing all her nappies and decided to take them off :giggle: She had a little try about 18 months and we took it from there, dry before age 2.

:hug: :hug: :hug: i know the burn type rash you mean its awful.

oh just remembered we gave izzy barley water to drink (made easily just boil barley,strain off liquid) and it REALLY helped her rash something to do with acid in the wee???

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Well we bought a potty today, just to have in the house so he can get used to it being about. So far he has tried to eat it, thrown it a couple of times and pushed it along the floor like a car :hohoho: When i told him it was for sitting on to do a pee he laughed his head off bless him.

I also let dh use disposables on him today as i was out all day, and he was leaking through them after 2 hours and a massive power wee, so thats put any ideas i had about possibly giving up cloth altogether completely out of my head!

I will try the barley water, thankyou for that tip. Is it just plain old pearl barley like you would put in soup?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat