hf1

Blisters :(

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Blisters :(

Postby keljbj » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:55 pm

:cry: Indiana is sooooooooo sore atm :( She has her last tooth coming through and has been having really acidic poos. I've been changing her every hour-2 hours and obviously straight away when shes dirty, but shes still blistered and red raw :cry: I just don't know what to do for her. We use sudocream at every change at the moment, and use pockets. I would use fitteds but i only own a few and she won't wear wool during the day so we save them for nighttimes.

Is there anything else we should be trying? Money is a bit tight this month so i think i'd struggle to buy new nappies etc, but i can't bear to hear her scream everytime i change her :cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Blisters :(

Postby sportyminx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi - Naomi was just like this, with every tooth - I remember sitting in tears as I changed her :cry: she would go from perfectly clear bottom to totally burned, blistered and weeping from one acid poo and that is changing quickly, so quickly I sometimes got in there before she was done and ended up in a total mess changing her. The ONLY thing I found worked was not wiping when she only had wet nappies, a shallow cool bath with no soap several times a day just to sit in, lots of time with her nappy off as this really dried it out and helped healing and metanium, I tried LOADS of different creams and it is the only one which worked on this.

:hug: :hug: :hug: you have my symathies :(

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Metanium is a fab cream
and air dryer her bottom as much as possible is very good too

BUT there is a old wives tale that a pharmisist told me and i was so shocked when it worked literally overnight, alesha would go from perfectly clear to having no skin left on her bottom or bits, i couldnt wipe her as it would literally peel the skin off it was horrendous but one night of this and she would be practically clear

Get a egg from the fridge, you only need the white, whisk till its white and frothy and apply over everywhere that is sore and sorrounding areas, leave for a few mins to dry, it will go shiny on the skin and tacky to the touch, and put the nappy on (i used to use a sposie when doing this overnight as i found it wouldnt run as much of the egg off as cloth would) and leave overnight
;)

:hugs: thou i know how it feels too hear your little one scream in pain with a sore bottom and its really not nice x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:23 pm

I also used ashtons powders when Lockie had really bad acid poo's. It seemed to help.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Nappy free as much as possible, you may get a few poo's on the floor so maybe put some old towels/ sheets down where she is playing. It really is the best thing. :hug: :hug: to you both it really is awful when their little bums get like this!
:cry:

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

She was nappy free most of the afternoon. Acacia and Keane found it hilarious when she pooed in the garden :giggle: She still looks as sore as ever though :( I think i may have to try the egg trick, not heard of that before but i'm willing to try anything!!!

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:34 pm

We used egg whites with both my two when they were really sore and it does work! Hope you find something. :hug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 pm

The only thing that clears it for us when it is bad is tons of cream. (metanium works best for us) and disposables for a day or 2 but we've only had to do that twice. when N has a rash we also use cold chamomile tea instead of water to clean.on one occasion we've got antibiotic cream from the gp as the skin looked infected and wasn't healing.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

123princesssammie wrote:Metanium is a fab cream

Definitely agree!
DS's bottom would get soooo sore when he was teething - thank goodness he got all his teeth early so it was soon over!

If your LO's bottom is that bad - a trip to the GP may help, sometimes they get a secondary infection or thrush too - so an antifungal cream may help.
The GP can also give you metanium on presciption (and £3-4 per tiny tube every little bit helps, esp as you go through loads of it while they are teething!)
Just make sure you use a fleece liner with it - coz it gets everywhere!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat