hf1

Wish he would pt soon

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Wish he would pt soon

Postby Shaunie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:38 pm

I've been having trouble getting Isaac's nappies to fit properly for ages. He's very tall and a bit of a chunk so not much fits him. His HR WN's slide down on him & his BB's not much better. Also, he's getting red marks from the snaps being too tight but we get leg gape on the loosest one :( . He's also getting a red rash on his inner thigh from where his nappy slides down and is chafing a bit I think. Thankfully it does not bother him at all.

It's way too late to change our stash but I was wondering how bulky the toddler HL AI2's are and if it might be worth trying one until we pt?

Just needed to moan about it I think :oops:

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Wish he would pt soon

Postby Yvette75 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Don't have problems about nappies fitting as Christopher is a skinny 27lb and only just going into 18-24 months clothes but I do wish that he'd take it upon himself to use the potty. We did 4 days at the end of Feb in pants with only 5 accidents across all 4 days but he now either "doesn't like the potty", "doesn't like to wee wee" or "wants a nappy" and screams until he gets a nappy back, holds his wee for 2-3+ hrs and if I refuse the nappy he now wees on the carpet! Joy! The pottys are no all in the garage as i've had enough!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Is he a HW? If so HL AI2 may not be a good idea as I know that a lot of people who have used them have found them to leak. I only know of one person who could use them on her LO without having to use a wrap with them!!

I take it that applix pockets are no good to you? Max has always been a terror to fit snapped nappies onto and for this reason I've stuck with applix mainly - thankfully he doesn't try and undo them at the mo.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 am

I don't like applix so we don't have any. The one we did have, Isaac used to open as soon as he realised it was applix. He's a fairly heavy wetter, random nappy flooding too. Perhaps I should just hang in there. I do think that perhaps applix nappies would fit him better now but one-size nappies don't fit him at all and they are all I can think of!

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:11 am

Do you not like fitteds? We use these for the main part as ds2 has chunky thighs and no waist :giggle: Far easier to adjust and more absorbent than pockets/aio's. I'm so glad ds2 hasn't worked out applix yet :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:14 am

We don't have any fitteds Lisa. I tried them when he was about 1 but didn't get on with them. I do wish I had tried again though :(

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat