Bomb proof nappy recommendations?

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Bomb proof nappy recommendations?

Postby yellow45 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:24 am

Morning :wave:

Since we've started weaning the little man we're having pretty explosive poos that aren't being contained, so it's a full clothes change and a very messy procedure. What would you recommend that would contain them?

Thanks

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Bomb proof nappy recommendations?

Postby confusinglady » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 am

I ve always found two parters with a good wrap can hold anything in. I don t have fancy nappies so mine is usually a prefold and a thirsties duo wrap. The prefold obviously doesn t hold anything in :giggle: but the Thirsties duo wrap is fantastic could n t recomend it enough. I think the only difficulty some have found with it is over some bulkier fitteds ( someone else might be able to add to that).
I also have some of the Thirsties duo pockets if you re a pocket person they are the same style as the wrap but in pocket form and therefore have gussests which some pockets don t.
I have lots of love for the thirsties can you tell :giggle:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 am

Definitely a 2parter!
We love our tots bots & little lambs here!
For wraps - it'll depend on the shape of your LO. I've always prefered the wraps with gusseted legs - coz they fit our skinny boy best.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am

What nappies do you use? I've never had a problem with leaking poop & dd does fairly explosive runny ones. 2 parters will help but I am wondering if you have a bit of leg gape with your nappies

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:03 am

docmaggoo wrote:Definitely a 2parter!
We love our tots bots & little lambs here!
For wraps - it'll depend on the shape of your LO. I've always prefered the wraps with gusseted legs - coz they fit our skinny boy best.

WSS

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 am

We're using a whole range oif nappies at the moment, but the explosions have come when we used an itti bitti. I think a 2 part is best, like you say. I have a tots bots bamboozle that we use at night and we get a great fit on that, so maybe I should get some more of those as a staple?

With a wrap, my LO has quite a chunky tum and thighs, so what do you think would be a good fit? Ideally, we'd like to get BTP ones.

Also, we need another 5 nappies to complete our set, so want to try and have a good staple that will help contain his explosions.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:27 pm

I found with ds1 that itti bittis were rubbish for containment as they had low rise on the bum and narrow crotch. I would have thought pretty much any two parter that you get on with or any pocket with a wider crotch and higher rise would do better.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Think lots of people had problems with the itti bittis leaking poop. Don't know of any btp wraps. Think you are better off using sized as you are less likely to get leg gape & you only need 4 -6 really so not a huge expense. Have you considered using wool soakers? Much better option to pul wraps especially if you can knit.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Wrap wise the duo would fit chunky tum and thighs ( that's what my daughter has :D) and although not btp the size 2 would fit your LO from now if he s 6 months til potty training. It has poppers at the front. I found that we had to in pop all poppers at 7/8 months but then when my LO started running around she lost some chubb and we ve popped some back up so it's flexible.
You ll think I get comission but I don t lol! I just find them really good for fit and drying times. I ve only used the Velcro so can t comment on the popper fasteners.
Hope that helps :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat