hf1

How many newborn nappies?

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

How many newborn nappies?

Postby Bluebell » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm going to have 2 in cloth so imagine the nappy bucket will be full at least once a day, so the washing machine is going to be on a LOT! How many newborn nappies will I need? I have some fitteds and wraps, and some AIOs. Once he/she is bigger he/she will share DDs BTP stash so I'm only looking to buy the tiny sizes.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How many newborn nappies?

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 pm

M was in fitteds and wraps until about 9 months - think we had 18 nappies and 7 wraps. But that was washing every other day...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:18 pm

I have way more than I need :oops: but if I was on a budget and washing every day I would say around 20 napppies would be enough. Wraps dry very quickly and you can pop them in with clothes etc so you won't need many of them, 6 or 7 maybe? I am only using wool so have more as I expect to be washing it regularly and it will take a while to dry.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:47 pm

I was estimating up to 15 nappies per day, so will end up having about 40 smalls and 28 prefolds, which will give me up to about a 3-4 day rotation. That's mainly so I can use cloth in hospital and have it all ready and easy for DH to just pick up a clean wet bag full or shove a load in the wash without him getting on at me not to use cloth from birth. I have a lot of wool as well mainly soakers and a few skirties. I might get a few wraps too maybe.

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:09 pm

I would love to make you some nappies if you tell me what you are planning on using :) when are you due? Time seems to be going so fast! Everyone is dropping their sprogs all over the place! The months fly by!
I would have about 15 nappies if washing daily. I have about 8 Ai2s and 9 fitteds and we wash every other day at 9 months-in reply to the actual question!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Oh thanks ladies... I better stop looking at Classifieds then, as I have 27! :giggle:
Looks like we'll be able to use them from birth, as I'll prob be in hospital for a couple of days post c section, and still have some to come home with, assuming a change every couple of hours or so! Exciting! I can send some home on the first day with OH to wash too so we're all sorted. The free pack of Huggies can be emergency ones now! :wine:

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:03 pm

I had about 25 XS nappies, plus 10 bamboo terries and that was plenty even when Emily was pooing 12 times per day!(I still have 2 in cloth now). I ran out once or twice if the weather was bad and I couldn't get them dry but I thne just put her in a small (she was 5lb 5oz at her lowest weight) and whilst it was a bit big it worked fine. I don't have any sposies in the house and Christopher hasn't worn a sposie since he was 2 days old and Emily has never worn one so wanted to make sure I had enough.

Yvette x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat