hf1

Gah - tumble drying!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Gah - tumble drying!

Postby e586 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:30 pm

So annoyed- we have a combo washer/dryer, and I've never used the dryer for the nappies ( and don't really plan to) but just went to hang last night's wash up (bad that I've let it sit all day in the laundry basket....) and realised it's all nice and fluffy and dry!! I set it to wash overnight on a normal prewash then cotton cycle and Mark pulled them out this morning. I thought at first he'd put them on to dry but then realised I must have bumped a button before the wash started as I opened the drawer that's right by the machine. The wipes are really fluffy and soft but I have no idea how hot the dryer was set to and how long they were in there for so now am panicking about whether it's ruined my nappies and 2 wet bags that were in there- there were 2 MF bags, 6 easyfits, 3 teenyfits and 2 ittis along with lots of wipes.

any reassurance? :gaah:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Gah - tumble drying!

Postby tanya » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:37 pm

I've never owned Teenyfits, but when we used Easyfits and Ittis, I used to tumble dry them. Never had any issues with them, but they were only ever done on a cooler setting.

Not sure about the wetbags though.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:12 pm

No advice but I'd love to know how long you had the dryer on for to get everything "nice and fluffy and dry" - my combo washer dryer would need a week to manage that!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:39 pm

northernruth wrote:No advice but I'd love to know how long you had the dryer on for to get everything "nice and fluffy and dry" - my combo washer dryer would need a week to manage that!

:oops: you can see now why I'm worried... the only other time I've used the dryer it took ages. The wash would have finished around 1am, Mark had them out of there before 7am, will ask him if they were still warm/hot but doubt he noticed!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:43 pm

I tumble dry mine on low and they take 2 -2.5 hours to dry but i tend to hang them up overnight indoors or during the day outside and then tumble to soften.Doesn't get them as soft tho. I did dry on high by mistake once and the pul on the ittis were ruined and there was a small scorch mark on a bamboo insert but the rest were ok.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm

I used to dry everything on a higher heat and never had a problem with anything x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:02 pm

123princesssammie wrote:I used to dry everything on a higher heat and never had a problem with anything x

Wss incl mf wet bags, teeny fits and easyfits :wink:

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Don't nasa send MF wet bags up into space? If so, I'm sure a trip through the tumble dryer shouldn't bother them too much (hopefully). I mean if they send them up there, they should be made of sturdy stuff.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat