hf1

Need some sizing advice please

My avatar
olliesmummy
Clothie
Clothie

Need some sizing advice please

Postby olliesmummy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:30 am

I was interested to know if your thinking of buying a sized nappy and your Lo is able to go in both sizes do you go for the larger one knowing that in long run they will grow into it more or do you stick to the most sutited size?

My lo is 20lb and was thinking he wont be in the medium size for long is it worth me buying it or should i just go for the larger size?? These are the size guides for Happy heinys

14 - 25lbs-Medium
23 - 35lbs-Large

Sorry if I`m not explaining myself very well, I get so frustrated with myself sometimes I know exactly what I want to say but struggle writing it :x

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Need some sizing advice please

Postby mabo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:04 am

I know what you mean and I'm often in exactly the same situation, Anna is very skinny and usually just on the border of both... I must say though that I usually go for the size up as i figure they would last longer and usually you can adjust it to fit.

I had one HH size M that I sold on because the fit compared to other size L nappies wasnt quite as well though.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:22 am

Usually most nappies have a cross-over point, like the HH say 14-25lbs and the large are 23-35lbs. So if Evie was about 20lbs I would go for the large, but thats also because she is long so the smaller nappy would be too small. If you are looking for Happy Heinys, then I would go with the larger ones, because I found the mediums quite a small fitting and when I had them when Evie was about 14 months, it took the large to fit her properly.

Have you thought about buying btp nappies instead of sized?

Sadie xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:17 am

I would go for the larger size as it's likely to fit for longer although both M and L Happy Heinys fit Katie well at the moment. Most of our pockets now are onesize or larges.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:20 am

i have a skinny legged munchkins, so for pockets i have to size down or we get leakages, but for fitteds i go up for maximum absobancy

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:26 am

For a sized HH I would get the large if I was near that cut off weight.
However for some other nappies, you occasionally get the option of medium large - they have the rise of the large, and the waist of the medium, so quite handy if you have a tall skinny baby.

My avatar
olliesmummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby olliesmummy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:39 am

Ok tahnks everyone for your help, I was thinking of going for the motherease BTP pne size nappy i treied it on Oliver months ago when i had a free trial kit and it seemed so big on him and i didn`t like the fit but now he`s bigger i think it would be worth trying it. Also thiking of trying out the Little Lamb babmboo nappy.
OHHH there is so much choice.

My grans offered to try and make some nappies for me so I may take her up on that im still building up my nappies we now have 5 homemade ones, 1 bumhugger, 1 fuzzi bunz, 1 flexitot and all my wraps are homemade my gran is very talented!!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat