hf1

Tory, hemp fabric - does it fray without stitching?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Tory, hemp fabric - does it fray without stitching?

Postby Amanda » Wed May 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi there,
I still haven't got round to ordering hemp and fleece fabric, but before I do, I just wanted to ask something: I think when I last saw you you said you'd a hemp insert that you hadn't stitched and it wasn't fraying too badly. Do you still have it, and is it still ok after more washing? As I don't have a sewing machine I don't want to spend money on fabric, cut it, and then find it frays into nothingness during the first wash. I suppose I could hand sew them but if I can avoid that I will!
Amanda x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed May 23, 2007 10:56 pm

Sorry to crash your post, but I bought a WAHM pocket nappy from ebay a little while ago and the hemp insert that came with it wasn't stitched properly (it just had a single row of stitching) and it has frayed quite badly. Not really happy with it at all. But theres a few different types of hemp fabric that you can get so it may depend on what sort it is.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 24, 2007 5:17 am

The hemp I bought is hemp fleece which is like tshirt material and I've been washing it since before xmas and no fraying at all, the only thing it does is the edges roll a bit but not that big a deal as I use it in night nappies! I would be better if you could sew it though!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu May 24, 2007 8:44 am

Thank you both! That answered my other question Tory, about which fabric it was. I thought it must've been the hemp fleece and that's confirmed it :D
Amanda x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat