hf1

Nappy advisor advice

My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Nappy advisor advice

Postby vickyblanken » Wed May 04, 2011 9:24 pm

So, I'm officially now a nappy advisor for Harry's Cot and Little Lamb (lovely kit arrived today) and I had a nice chat with the lovely Heather from Screaming Green yesterday and hopefully we're going to work together too.

I'm in Lincoln at RAF Waddington, but don't know that many people, being a 'stranger' to these parts.

I'm in the process of leafleting the camp and I'm trying to get posters up around the town and get the word out about my little Snuggleblanks WAHM business at the same time.

Just wondering if people had any advice about nappy advising?

I'd thought about having an 'open house' kind of thing every couple of weeks or so if people want to come and have a chat as I can't afford to shell out money on venues.

I know it's going to be slow going at first, but noone's biting yet and I'd appreciate any helpful advice just to give me a morale boost!

Vicky xxx

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Nappy advisor advice

Postby e586 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 pm

can you get in touch with the local NCT and see if they'd like you to come and speak at antenatal classes? Also the Children's centres do antenatal groups as well. I do nappy/sling talks at our local ones. If you do a little info sheet with contact details to hand out then the people who are interested or want more info can get in touch at a later time.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 pm

I agree, try to get out to groups etc to get word out there. It's hard and I think a lot of the time you don't get many sales or anything, it's more just about doing it for fun and raising awareness of lovely cloth! :D

Just wondering how did you become an agent for Little Lamb? I did look on their website but couldn't see anything.

Rach xx

My avatar
vickyblanken
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby vickyblanken » Thu May 05, 2011 1:21 am

NCT already deal with Screaming Green but will persist with getting hold of children's centres, though they are a bit elusive. Rach, think i just contacted Esme at LLs via email and they eventually got back to me. Xx

My avatar
didifrench
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby didifrench » Thu May 05, 2011 2:37 pm

:wave:

You can also get in touch with your local nappy scheme, if there is one in your area. I know that where I live, the only way to get into antenatal groups/nct/midwives, HV.... is through the nappy scheme, as they don't really like the commercial part of being an agent, but it really depends on the area.
You can maybe organise a nappuccino in a cafe/softplay well known for being child friendly, most of the time, the owner will just see it as an opportunity to bring more customers in and won't ask you to pay anything.
Have you thought about pramshops, toys shops...? they may let you put a poster/leaflets.

Hope this helps and good luck.

For Litte Lamb, there is a link at the bottom of the page about being an agent/wholesale :wink:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri May 06, 2011 5:26 am

the local nappucino's here are held in a coffee shop
Its perfect to be able to sit in comfort and look at the latest nappies
the coffee shop lets the advisor use the back corner for free - coz all of us mums buy coffee (& cake!!)
just make sure its buggy & bump friendly

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:07 am

We had a nappy adviser speak to us at one of our NHS antenatal classes in the local hospital, could you maybe speak to your local midwifes and see if this was possible for you?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat