Blueberry Minki one size

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Blueberry Minki one size

Postby claireb » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Just a few questions:
At what weight approximately did you start to use this nappy from? My baby is 10lb but it still looks like it could be big on him!
I have the ruby coloured one - do you know if this may run in the wash? Do I need to prewash it first, how many times?
Many thanks!!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Blueberry Minki one size

Postby JanX » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:44 pm

I started using them at around 16lb or thereabouts!

the ruby doesn't run (at least mine never have), and I would pre-wash the nappy once (to get rid of any manufacturers residue etc), if you have the hemp insert then that will benefit for a couple of prewashes as hemp takes approx 10 washes to reach full absorbancy!

Have you used the poppers to make the nappy shorter to get a lower rise to fit better?

hth

jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:13 pm

I have one and agree it looks huge so am leaving it for a while yet, Ben was 11lb 6oz on Monday, but they are o much bulkier than my other nappies

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:45 pm

from about 9lb, no probs but that was on quite long skinny babies at 3-4 months,I'd have though 10lb no problem at all

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby claireb » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks for your replies.
I haven't actually tried it on him yet! However, his bumgenius are pretty big on him so just presumed it would be bulky I guess. What about clothes, do you have problems fitting clothes over it? Thanks

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 pm

on a nice sunny day there is no need to put clothes over it :lol: :lol: :lol: just a nice matching/co-ordinating t'shirt and you are all set :wink:

jan x

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:13 pm

I used BG on Imo from when she was 6lb, it was chunky but we used cut4cloth trousers over them, I think its a cute big bummed look :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat