hf1

Help. Which of my nappies do i start with for DC2.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Help. Which of my nappies do i start with for DC2.

Postby lazylexis » Thu May 12, 2011 12:16 pm

I couldn't get pockets to contain bf poo until around 5 months when ds had bulked up a bit and even then they didn't reliably contain poo until he was eating good amounts of solids at 10 months.
We started using cloth at around 2-3 weeks old and used little lambs mainly with small rikki wraps as well as some size bimbles ( bumbles are huge I think! ) and motherease xs sandies and never had a leak!
Last edited by lazylexis on Thu May 12, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu May 12, 2011 12:19 pm

I will echo what Ant said, we used teenyfits from birth and various fitted nappies (Owewoahwhen from birth and then didy diapers, bamboo LL's etc from about 7 weeks...before then they were just too big for her!) Darcie is long and slim and has just outgrown her teenyfits at 14 weeks and we have moved her into easyfits which fit poppered right down and crossed right over (she was 10lb 8oz last week).

Little lambs bamboo are a great option, we have 15 of those and they are our most reached for fitted now, they fit her really well :) I bought the ones of ebay that Ant linked for you and they are fab! :mrgreen:

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

terries and muslins. But if you don't think you'll get one well with them then I'd go for the Bambini, I got one recently and was surprised how trim it was I thought it'd be very good for a newborn.

My avatar
Cazzr
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Cazzr » Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 pm

OOO lots more replies!
Ok, have put a watch on the little lambs till after DS2 arrives to see just how beefy he is.. That and I think if I buy any more nappies DH might frown at me! lol
Will start with terries/muslins and the bambini/bambinex (which tbh look just like the bambini). The eco bumbles look trimmer than the normal bumbles so will think about them if he's a chunky monkey, but agree the bumbles do look quite bulky .. :)
Going to ease into cloth with sposies for overnight or if washing is piling up tho so reckon I should be ok with numbers of nappies till he beefs up enough to use the bulkier ones..

Will put the pocket nappies aside till he's a bit older I think and maybe experiment with the odd one if I feel the urge.

Mainly went for birth to potty nappies cos we don't plan on having any more kids so don't want to end up with millions of nappies, tho understand I can sell them on. That and knowing just how quickly DS1 put on weight I figured he'd grow out of the size 1's very quickly..

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat