hf1

Your Newborn Stash - which and how many?

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Your Newborn Stash - which and how many?

Postby Emilie » Thu May 12, 2011 4:31 pm

:wave: Well we are expecting our second child now so i am building up a stash. but how many nappies did/do you have in your stash and how many times a day did you find they needed changing??? i know what works well for Jamie but i started full time in cloth when he was two months old ish i think. which nappies are the best for a newborn? i dont like huge bums like jamie did a few times in the beginning. i have just ordered my first 2 teenyfits but what else? help! :wine:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Your Newborn Stash - which and how many?

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu May 12, 2011 4:47 pm

we hired newborn nappies from our local nappy network - the ones I found easiest were the BumGenius AIO in XS and S, but DD grew out of them quickly. We also liked the Fuzzi buns. I discovered fitteds and wool when DD was about 6 months old and now we mainly use that, so I suspect that when no 2 comes along I will use fitteds and wool and not much else.

I remember changing DD up to 10 times a day, so I guess nappies that dry quickly (like pockets) are probably a good idea as otherwise baby can literally grow out of the nappies before they are dry! we also found prefolds and wraps quite good when DD was very small, and they are a cheap way to pad out your stash if you don't want to buy lots of expensive nappies in newborn size that will only last a few weeks.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu May 12, 2011 4:47 pm

My newborn stash was 12 teenyfits and 12 xs oww fitteds, it was a perfect stash! If I did it again then I would do the same but add some xs dnf's!

Her current stash is bamboo little lambs, small oww, easyfits to replace the teenyfits, small dnf's and a couple of bg's :)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:08 pm

I had/have:

12 Teenyfits
1 xs OWW
8 kissaluvs size 0
5 xs sandies

then at about 4 weeks we started with the BG aio smalls, which is his main nappy now. These lasted Ryan til 4 months and he was a big boy so I hope they go just as long on Lucas before we move on to other things.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu May 12, 2011 5:11 pm

I had/have

6 xs OWW (AMAZING)
5 xs dunk and fluff
6 teenyfits
3 newborn hollow oak
2 size 0 bambeasy

That did us great but could have had a few more....

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu May 12, 2011 5:13 pm

I had 10 teenyfits and 10 diddy diapers with a few wham nappies and a couple of itty's. Also had 10 little lambs, which we tried him with at few weeks old. Would deffo recomend the teenys and the Little lambs. The diddys were actually wider between the legs than the Little lambs, but less bulky. I would say that the LL's would have fitted from nb but would have been pretty bulky.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu May 12, 2011 5:26 pm

I have far too many to list :oops: (most are in my blog though with a few additions since then :oops: ) If I wasn't going to use WAHM nappies I would probably have bought bimbles. sandies and diddy diapers as I have used them in the past. You will need at least 25 nappies as newborns tend to go through around 10 nappies a day so 25 would be the minimum provided you are washing every day.

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Thu May 12, 2011 5:36 pm

great thanks guys, will look into some of the fitted i think, the teenyfits i love the look of so more of them i think, maybe some small fuzzi bunz and i will have to see what else i can get my hands on. what are OWW by the way? i though i knew all the abreviations by now!

My avatar
jodysd6
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jodysd6 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:50 pm

we started with cloth quite late at 11 months so when the time comes I am very excited about getting newborn fluff! I do have a demo kit though and the teenyfits, bg newborn and the diddy diapers look really cute, and i have had fun recently playing with terries and nippas, so I suspect I would end up with a very large and varied stash! I'll definately be getting some muslins though! and I already have about 12 small prefolds, so will probably get a few wraps, some more diddy diapers and then as many as I can build up of the teenyfits and bg xs's particularly for the first few days and when out and about! I too would love to know what OWW's are so I can go investigate, and I am going to have a look at the l'il joeys! (ooh and I will definately need at least one or two wee notions!)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat