hf1

Your Newborn Stash - which and how many?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Your Newborn Stash - which and how many?

Postby rachymoo » Thu May 12, 2011 8:16 pm

space monkey wrote:I'm not fan of the big bum look either, especially when it means that a little newborn can't fit into tiny clothes. What I found was that every couple of weeks a different nappy was my favorite. The BG xs was sooo little for the first 2 weeks or so, but wasn't absorbent enough after that. Then fuzzis were great. Then bimbles. I really loved the bimbles with a nippa, and for most newborns these might be fine from the start. My 2nd baby was only 5lb 13 oz at birth, but by 8lbs the bimbles were great, maybe from smaller. I wonder about bamboozle stretchies. The size 1 bamboozles seem pretty big, to me, on a newborn. Have fun!

I use the old style Bamboozles (size 1) on DS, before he was born I actually worried about them not having cross over tabs - they have never even met in the middle on him, LOL!

He also wears a size 2 Bamboozle Stretchy poppered down and that's not too bulky :)

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm

thanks rachymoo! i love hearing everyone elses experience of newborn nappies :D

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm using oww xs,teenyfits kissaluvs and diddy diapers. Love all of them! I've got some small jimmy riddles , bamboo little lambs and bum genius for.when she gets,bigger plus small holdens landings and a rainshine design.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Fri May 13, 2011 9:05 am

I didnt' use cloth until about 6 weeks with my first, and then used terries, prefolds and disana tie-ons, all of which I had loads so never ran out...but really only liked the tie-ons for containment but DH couldn't cope with those and would reach for a disposable....this time round I decided to have sandys xs for the first few weeks/month as my DH can cope with those easily, I've got 26 of them (a preloved bargain), plus 7 disana tie-ons, which I really like, 5 bamboo terries and loads of muslins for back up, but wasn't a fan of those first time round. Will give them another shot! Have a few fleece soakers/wraps as well as xs/s PUL wraps of various kinds. I have a pair of longies I made for DS1 but they won't fit till 3 months-ish.

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Fri May 13, 2011 9:28 am

i am definately liking the idea of fitteds more this time, we mostly use pockets/aios for jamie. will have to find some tiny fleece/wool too maybe...... i need to start saving up....

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 am

Yeh meant to say I'm using mummy knitted woolies with my fitteds, love it!

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Fri May 13, 2011 9:52 am

We have a combination of fitteds (mainly DnF, HL, LLS, cotton tots bots) and then prefolds as well for under knitted and interlock wool. I want some quite large rotations so we have plenty of washing / drying time.

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 am

yes that is what i would like to do beth, we have wayyyy too many nappies atm, but its good for not stressing over if i dont get around to washing/or the ones that take ages to dry.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat