hf1

Your Newborn Stash - which and how many?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Your Newborn Stash - which and how many?

Postby megansmummy » Thu May 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Oww are owewhoawhen on hyena cart :)

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu May 12, 2011 6:10 pm

My stash was the same a torys, it was perfect :D

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu May 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Fitteds! Lots of fitteds! Mine are mainly DnF but Im building quite a stash of other HC/Etsy XS and S fitteds which will all be covered with wool.
I did find the BG AIO S to be good with T but I am not getting any this time as I will continue to use fitteds and then once baby has chunked out a little the BTP I already have (mainly WN and Tuttos) until baby fits into the mediums and upwards I am keeping of Ts.
Though admittedly I have bought a few small Ittis because I cant resist LOL

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 pm

thanks guys :D

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:32 pm

forgot that I had 2 Lil Joeys- they're smaller than the Teenyfit! Thinner between the legs but more material so bulkier, and harder to get a good fit round the waist. Lucas had one as his very first nappy but he was out of them (and out-peeing them) by about 3 weeks old and I've sold them already. You'll get more for your money (longer use and cheaper) from Teenyfits.

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 pm

thanks for the advice, i was going to try one but maybe i wont bother then.

My avatar
space monkey
Clothie
Clothie

Postby space monkey » Thu May 12, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm not fan of the big bum look either, especially when it means that a little newborn can't fit into tiny clothes. What I found was that every couple of weeks a different nappy was my favorite. The BG xs was sooo little for the first 2 weeks or so, but wasn't absorbent enough after that. Then fuzzis were great. Then bimbles. I really loved the bimbles with a nippa, and for most newborns these might be fine from the start. My 2nd baby was only 5lb 13 oz at birth, but by 8lbs the bimbles were great, maybe from smaller. I wonder about bamboozle stretchies. The size 1 bamboozles seem pretty big, to me, on a newborn. Have fun!

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Thu May 12, 2011 8:04 pm

thanks, i think i will try lots and see what we get on with best at the time, doesnt help my shopping urge now though!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu May 12, 2011 8:13 pm

From memory (got rid of a few now) my newborn stash was 2 Bimbles, 2 XS Sandys, 6 small Sandys, 7 size 1 Tots Bots Bamboozles (old style), 1 XS Orange Diaper Co fitted, 2 Swaddlebees newborn pockets, 1 size 1 Hollow Oak, 3 size 1 Little Lambs (2 bamboo and 1 mf), 5 terries, 3 Diddy Diapers and 4 Teenyfits. And a few fleece and PUL wraps. There's probably a few I've forgotten :oops:

I bought LOADS expecting to go through loads of nappies like I did with my daughter but actually I didn't use as many per day as I thought. DD used to poop constantly but DS doesn't!

My mistake was buying loads of tiny nappies and then giving birth to a 9lb baby :giggle: the XS Sandys only fitted him for about a week! (probably just as well, as they were pink). I can just about squeeze him into his XS Orange Diaper but its a bit low in the rise to be honest. He is 9 weeks old tomorrow and in mediums in a lot of things already! He is in medium Weenotions pockets and has some medium OWW on the way.

I agree about terries/prefolds being a good stash bulker. Though they do tend to give them a huge bum lol!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat