hf1

What nappies do you send to the childminder?

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What nappies do you send to the childminder?

Postby hermya » Thu May 12, 2011 8:13 pm

I've got a lovely childminder who has never had a child with cloth and I want to make it relatively simple for her so I'm just wondering what other people do and what nappies they use.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What nappies do you send to the childminder?

Postby rachymoo » Thu May 12, 2011 8:20 pm

It wasnt too bad with us because my childminder used cloth although she only used terries. I just sent whichever nappies I felt like sending but I made sure it was simple for her, i.e. if I was sending a fitted that needed a wrap I would send it inside a wrap, etc. I know a lot of people like to send BGs and ones like that though, I think 'non clothie people' tend to get on better with aplix.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu May 12, 2011 8:42 pm

For nursery I send BGs and easyfits. Definitely velcro as non cloth people don't seem to do poppers up tightly enough.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 pm

I try and send either applix ones or those that I consider bomb proof! I've noticed they always use the embroidered WN's though that I tuck underneath as back up :giggle:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:I try and send either applix ones or those that I consider bomb proof! I've noticed they always use the embroidered WN's though that I tuck underneath as back up :giggle:

They do sometimes put them on back to front though!!!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Never used a childminder but the people who've changed N and haven't used cloth before seem to like greenkids, easyfits and bumgenius.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

usually BG and Easyfits, though nursery really like his Ittis and WN when I do send them! Easyfits are the most bombproof on Ryan right now so mostly those.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu May 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Green kids and bgs. I used to send fuzzis as they were our most reliable but as pp have said, they don't do the poppers up tight enough. Oh and we had some upsy daisy that were good, and Haute nappies (Aussie brand a bit like bgs but a bit more absorbent)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu May 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Before DS PTd we sent tots bots cotton nappies with aplix to nursery with wraps and paper liners
Would dare send my his ittis/BB or WN - after we had an incident with red paint, children stripped down to nappies for messy play - hence my lovely yellow wrap became pinkish!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat