hf1

Special embroidered wraps for my lil man - inspire me :)

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Special embroidered wraps for my lil man - inspire me :)

Postby queen bee » Mon May 16, 2011 5:02 pm

I want to get some special embroidered wraps for my lil man from Weenotions and I need some inspiration. I'm used to choosing girly designs for Lily but I'm clueless when it comes to choosing embroideries etc for a boy. I'm not keen on skulls etc (but I quite like pirates). His name will be Joseph, so I'm wondering if I can get something related to his name????? I had a few lily wraps for Lily.

I would love to see pics of your boy weentions design, or links to embroideries that you think will be good.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Special embroidered wraps for my lil man - inspire me :)

Postby rachymoo » Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 pm

I was the same, I was so used to picking girly designs, I was clueless when it came to picking out boy ones! I've just bought 2 for Jake recently although I thnk they are more GN than boyish, but still.. I got these 2:

What about the jungle design on a wrap? That would be pretty cute on a little boy.

If you want it really boyish though then what about a car or bus or something? Or you could go for a nautical theme, and have a boat, like this one: http://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=1957

I'm sure others will be along with some better ideas soon though :D xx

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm

These are great. I love them. Gender neutral is great. I really like the farm one.

rachymoo wrote:I was the same, I was so used to picking girly designs, I was clueless when it came to picking out boy ones! I've just bought 2 for Jake recently although I thnk they are more GN than boyish, but still.. I got these 2:

What about the jungle design on a wrap? That would be pretty cute on a little boy.

If you want it really boyish though then what about a car or bus or something? Or you could go for a nautical theme, and have a boat, like this one: http://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=1957

I'm sure others will be along with some better ideas soon though :D xx

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Mon May 16, 2011 9:38 pm

This is my favourite boy embroidery..
http://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=2601
It looks great on the dark blues with a bright inner. Noah has it on dark denim with orange inside

All of the 'its a jungle out there' set are adorable too.

Love the name Joseph, how about a bright rainbow striped one? :mrgreen:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed May 18, 2011 3:40 pm

paintedclaws wrote:Love the name Joseph, how about a bright rainbow striped one?

this was going to be my suggestion!
Im the other way round - good at designing boy ones for DS - but now I have DD I struggle with girlie ones!

Here are our boy WN's - they would also work as wraps.

Image Image

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed May 18, 2011 3:55 pm

What about a noah's arc , not sure if that exists. Off to hunt it down.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat