hf1

So frustrated

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

So frustrated

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed May 18, 2011 3:38 pm

DD is currently out weeing everything in my stash in about an hour. I've changed her sopping wet trousers 3 times today. :gaah: :gaah: We use a combination of cotton prefolds and pockets. I usually stuff her BGs with a hemp prefold with a small BG microfiber on top. This had been working quite well - I got the odd leak but could usually expect them to last her for about 2 hours. The prefolds could generally cope for a couple of hours as well.

But this power- weeing has me tearing my hair out! Partly, it's because she drinks so much. She always has. I've tried limiting the amount of water she has but this just destresses her so I'm not going to say 'no' to her if she's thirsty. She's also developing some degree of bladder control and I think she's flooding her nappies when she wees.

What can I do? Although she's showing some signs of being ready to PT, I really don't think she's ready yet so I don't want to go down that route. I have a feeling fitteds would be much better for her (we use fitteds with wool overnight with no problems) BUT I simply cannot afford to replace her whole stash, even if I buy preloved. I loathe sposies and don't want to use them but neither can I have DD wet all the time. It's not fair on her. :(

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: So frustrated

Postby anothersquish » Wed May 18, 2011 3:44 pm

What do you use over your cotton prefolds? Id probably recommend getting some bamboo boosters and adding these to the prefold under whatever wrap you are using. I would also switch from hemp and microfibre to bamboo and microfibre, a PD size 2 with a BG microfibre over the top should do it!
The only time I really find microfibre useful is for this 'flood' peeing as it absorbs so fast it can help stop that leg leak. You may also wish to try some Zorb boosters instead of microfibre and see if those work for you too, the added benefit with zorb being it holds more than microfibre.
Other than that I would look at swapping out some of the pockets for some fitteds, F&S heavywetters are probably going to be a good bet for you. Do it one or two at a time so you dont have to do a "whole stash" replace.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: So frustrated

Postby docmaggoo » Wed May 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Before DS potty trained we found that microfibre was really good at absorbing wee quickly when he flooded - and them something really absorbant underneath.
the old style hemp/microfibre combo inserts by BB were brill for us!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat