Too gentle when putting on cloth nappy

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Too gentle when putting on cloth nappy

Postby alamaya » Mon May 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi All,

I noticed that when fastening nappies on my LO even though she is smaller end of size guide for the nappies i have they dont appear to be particularly big on her. My teenyfits are no wear near crossing over tabs and my small ittis i have just got dont cross over on the tabs either.

I know you cant see but could i be fastening too loosely or do babies not change that much on the tabs wise.

Any advice would be appreciated :)
xx

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Too gentle when putting on cloth nappy

Postby ebonina » Mon May 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Do they leak? if not then I wouldn't worry about it. My husband never puts nappies on tightly enough, but they sometimes leak especially up the back :x . The tabs on R's small Ittis never crossed over, but she has fit into them from 6 months and is still in them now.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon May 23, 2011 2:58 pm

if they work and aren't leaking then I wouldnt worry.
im at the opposite end - my skinny little ones, hardly ever get past having the tabs overlap or touching - they only grow out of them in the rise or absorbancy. sometimes i wonder that im putting them on too tightly - but tbh i just have super skinny children.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm

My DD has been in BTP nappies for about a year and although we have changed the rise settings we are still using the same popper settings as in the beginning. I think the nappy now sits under her (small) belly, instead of going around it :wink:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon May 23, 2011 5:49 pm

I've never got anywhere near crossing over the tabs on any nappy. The velcro tabs on Ashers BG's are pretty much at the same place that his 2 year old brother's were just before he PT'd. If they don't leak then there's no problem.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat