hf1

AAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

AAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Postby flutterby » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm not sure if this is just a moan or a question but I need to vent! Jak's wees dont seem to be containable! As you may know we were using solely pockets, but these weren't lasting, no matter wht they were stuffed with so I bought a few different 2 parters to try out, a fluffle, a bumble, a couple of bamboo baby beehinds, and a bumhugger, the fluffle wasn't absorbent enough, and the BBBs were not quite big enough, so I ordered some more bumbles and bumhuggers, he has outwee'ed all of these in the last week or so, in less than an hr and a half, right through nappy, wrap and clothes! We are really struggling to get clothes over his nappies as it is, I have put a hemp bigger weed in his bumbles so I'll see how we go with them, but they're so big! Oh and we've not once had a leak with a night nappy, either bamboo or hemp NN, without the snap in part of the insert, just the square bit ( bamboo) a cotton quick flip (unboosted) or a huggle (unboosted) I just don't get how he wee's so much!!

The worst part is with all my hormones up in the air, I just feel like crying everytime his nappy leaks, and I'm really struggling with nappy changes, I just can't bend any more, I can't cope with h aving to change him every hour!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: AAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Postby caeganol » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Really sorry you feel that way. I went through the same and I posted here and this is the advice I got(link). Tried them all and it did get better. never had that problem again.
I do a prewash at 30 and then a full wash at 40 and do a few extra rinses since then.
HTH.
xxxxxxx
sorry

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2247

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:13 pm

I had this problem with ds and none of the fancy nappies did the job so for a short while we went back in time and kite folded a terry square placed a pad folded prefold in the middle and nippa'd it on and covered with a ME airflow wrap. Yes it was bulky but it was better in my veiw than washing clothes all the time aswel. I expect he will potty train soon if he wee's so much in one go, well thats what my ds did anyway. Good luck.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:18 pm

I was wondering - the bumhuggers are hemp aren't they, perhaps they need a few more washes to reach full absorbency?
Also if your nappies have any detergent buildup they might need stripping as this will affect absorbency...

Fluffles I would say aren't that absorbent for their bulk...

Oh and you could boost between nappy and wrap to reduce the bulk before it's done up?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Yeah I want to PT soon anyway, but I didn't want to do it the same time as baby arriving as I don't want him to feel that she means that he has to grow up, that may sound really odd, but it makes sence to me, he's still my baby too! He's not looking to bad in his bumble with hemp big weed and it's not leaked so maybe thats the answer for now!

Thank you for the advice, both of you, I'm quite sure it's not a build up issue I only use a cap full of non bio detergent (1/4 of suggested amount) on a 60 wash and them I do 30 wash with no detergent, I don't think it's the fit either, they seem to fit perfectly I think he just needs lots of boosting, I'm just apprehensive as it will give him a giant bum, oh well!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:22 pm

>:D< I can totally understand you dont want to pt him now, and I wouldnt blame you.

Right - just a thought, but are you boosting the bumhugger? If not, then try double folding the snap on bamboo booster from your night notions and place this at the front of the nappy where he wees, it wont bulk up the nappy too much. Also just check which way his 'wee man' is pointing as if its pointing up or either side, then when he pees it might just fall out the side before getting a chance to be absorbed. I found our Bumhuggers took a good 10 washes to get them up to full absorbancy.

Just a thought, how about trying one of his night combos out during the day? And what wrap are you using? The most reliable one Ive found is the Motherease Airflow and I was determined that I wasnt going to like them because there are so many prettier wraps out there, but this is the one that works so well.

Hope you find a solution >:D<

Sadie xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:59 pm

We only have the one bumhugger, were waiting on 2 more, one preloved, so I will know if the others aren't up to full absorbency, it is very likely that the one I have now isn't as it's only been washed 3-4 times I will try putting a bamboo booster (maybe a square) in it next time I use it, it's washing now so hopefully I will have more success next time I use it!

I don't have enough night nappies to use them in the day as I only have the 4 and they take FOREVER to dry! May get another QF to try in the day though!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:40 pm

Oh this is going to sound awful, but Jak just ended up in his nappy, a boosted bumble, for over 6 hrs (he had a looooong nap) no leaks, I think its just a boosting issue, which is GREAT, means I can fix it easily!

Oh and I've just put the preloved bambeasy that I bought on him for the first time so we shall see how that goes, it's only got to last 3 hrs so sure it will be fine!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat