hf1

Seriously losing the cloth mojo. :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Seriously losing the cloth mojo. :(

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue May 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Got so much going on at the moment with various serious health issues in the family including my own and now nothing seems to be fitting right without rubbing in odd places or causing rashes or clothes not fitting over the top and then you add washing into the mix and nothing seems to be selling unless it's highly embroidered, lowly priced and super amazing :roll:
Doesn't help when some classifieds sites elsewhere you get people selling things like almost new bedbugs for a tenner including postage!!! :shock: That is well less than half their new value!!

So I've lost the fluff mojo - new nappies don't excite me and I have a huge pile needs selling but nothing's shifting...

Add to that - that Grace now being two will be potty training so there wouldn't be much point in investing in new nappies that fit better... *sigh*

I remember losing the mojo with Isabelle but had a spurt at the end and she was in cloth until the end...

I think we'll be in disps for good now probably despite my dislike of them as Grace now has a small patch of impetigo caused by a popper on an OS nappy causing a sore on her leg, now infected and cloth is rubbing on it stopping it healing up :cry:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Seriously losing the cloth mojo. :(

Postby peachy.moo » Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm

:hug: :hug: I've only found my cloth mojo in the past 2wks with mum around to help me 'get there' with using cloth on Arlo & now have some ordered with RNW- but up to then i'd lost it a long time ago!!

Elsie was in disposables more & more & constantly from Feb-Apr when she pt in the day but is in them at night....

I am suprised at how cheap people are selling stuff, but know i have just to get it shifted!! Have some longies to sell though & really cba to put them up as not sure they'd sell for a price worth selling them for!! (Also first time selling wool, so never sure what to ask!!)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue May 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Sorry to hear about your families health issues. I know where you are coming from with the nappies though. Isaac's nappies are a terrible fit and are causing chafing on his thighs too but like you, there's no point in changing his nappies now being as he's currently potty training but his nappies have been an awful fit for a few months now :( . Clothes are a nightmare, I bought him some age 3-4 jeans today but they don't fit his cloth bum.

With so many other things going on sposies may be the way to go, even if just for a few weeks. I did this with Isaac over easter but soon found the cloth love again.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Awww :hug: my mojo has been here one minute gone the next lately! I'm sorry to hear that your dealing with health issues :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 24, 2011 2:18 pm

We have stopped using cloth. G was just getting uncomfy at night in cloth so we switched to pull ups.
Have a good break, you never know you might go back to it or even just very part time in cloth x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue May 24, 2011 5:59 pm

:hug: Take a break from it and you never know your mojo might come bouncing back :hug:

And Ive noticed that preloved just dont hold the same value as they once did - perhaps down to more people using cloth so more fluff about bringing prices down? I used to price my nappies at roughly half their new price - meant I was getting half my money back and the buyer was getting a good deal too :hug:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Its a pita isnt it? Ive had issues with rashes and i finally seemed to sort it and now nothing fits :( Ive been putting him in sposies for the odd day with normal trousers (we cant do pockets) and honestly its been so tempting just to say to hell with it and just have the littlest in cloth nd give up on the boy. Im keeping going just now because im so stubborn and i cant bare the idea of buying sposies, specially as like you say the classifieds are dire!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue May 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Back when the tree first started nappies that were good (excellent) used condition no stains, would go for 3/4 plus of their new price... :lol:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue May 24, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm gutted about the state of the classifieds. I bought a lot of more expensive nappies, justifying to myself that I'd get back a decent amount when they sold, but even my lovely WAHM clothing isn't shifting at the moment :-( still love cloth and would never use sposies, but it's not the same just now. Is it worth doing some swaps to try different nappies?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat