hf1

Seriously losing the cloth mojo. :(

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Seriously losing the cloth mojo. :(

Postby monsterm » Tue May 24, 2011 6:28 pm

I'm losing it too in all honesty. Just forked out for a new (to us) night nappy & she has decided to super increase her wee power so boosted Puddlekins superwetter wool is only lasting until 3am :x Our day nappies only last an 1 to 1.5 hrs the last couple of weeks too. I just don't see where I can go from here unless I swap out our daytime "night nappies" for heavy wetter ones but she is nearly 2 & I can't be bothered with all the fuss.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 pm

maybe give potty training a go ? save the hassle of any nappies at all.

monsterm wrote:I'm losing it too in all honesty. Just forked out for a new (to us) night nappy & she has decided to super increase her wee power so boosted Puddlekins superwetter wool is only lasting until 3am :x Our day nappies only last an 1 to 1.5 hrs the last couple of weeks too. I just don't see where I can go from here unless I swap out our daytime "night nappies" for heavy wetter ones but she is nearly 2 & I can't be bothered with all the fuss.

This is exactly what izzy was doing so i ditched the nappies!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue May 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Danika i thought that too, it was how i justified all my gorgeous nappies!

I changed Sandy earlier and litteraly 2 minutes afterwards he had done a full on pee and his nappy was saturated, he can pee for Scotland.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 pm

littlesez wrote:maybe give potty training a go ? save the hassle of any nappies at all.

monsterm wrote:I'm losing it too in all honesty. Just forked out for a new (to us) night nappy & she has decided to super increase her wee power so boosted Puddlekins superwetter wool is only lasting until 3am :x Our day nappies only last an 1 to 1.5 hrs the last couple of weeks too. I just don't see where I can go from here unless I swap out our daytime "night nappies" for heavy wetter ones but she is nearly 2 & I can't be bothered with all the fuss.

This is exactly what izzy was doing so i ditched the nappies!

Have the potty & everything ready. She is teething pretty bed at the moment though so I am just waiting for her to feel a bit better & away we'll go. Dd1 was potty trained day & night by now.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue May 24, 2011 9:27 pm

I'd still have to sell them Sara... :?

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Wed May 25, 2011 7:29 am

I understand where you are coming from. We've given up on night nappies ... they actually work fine for us as Antonia is a really light wetter, but the bulk of them just seems to make her uncomfortable and I struggled with knowing what to use as a cover now it is too warm for wool at night (as she ends up in bed with us at some point usually). So, we're in disposables at night now.

I've also been shocked at the second hand value seeming to plummet... I suppose there are just more of them around now than when we started as so many shops are selling US imports etc... Anyway, I'm selling most of my stash and almost entirely using Itti AIOs now, along with a few WN A12s.

We did do a week of disposables because of a tummy bug, and I have to say I was very happy to get her back into cloth, I couldn't deal with the piles of nappy bags with stinking disposables...

Give it a break and let her sores heal, then see how you feel....

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 25, 2011 8:13 am

Miss_Purple wrote:I'm gutted about the state of the classifieds. I bought a lot of more expensive nappies, justifying to myself that I'd get back a decent amount when they sold, but even my lovely WAHM clothing isn't shifting at the moment :-( still love cloth and would never use sposies, but it's not the same just now. Is it worth doing some swaps to try different nappies?

See this is what worries me about building a nb and small stash, I don't want to be stuck with them when they are outgrown :( I will get a few WHAM nappies but not too many, being honest having a nb in cloth actually scares me a little, G was only in cloth part time until 6 months old and I discovered cnt :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 25, 2011 8:23 am

I was very lucky that my NB stash sold really easily this time round, my xs OWW's sold as one lot of 12! which was fab and then my teenyfits sold really easily too... However I havnt bothered listing the boring newborn nappies like diddy diapers etc partly becuase they still fit and i could use them if i needed too...and partly becuase i cant be bothered with them selling for nothing after I have paid postage and fee's on them :roll: I would rather give them away...

Re-sale is awful atm :-? but i think as someone pointed out that becuase custom lots are so easily come by now people would rather custom order their own than buy of classifieds... I think its alot to do with trends though...my OWW's have all sold really well and I havnt had to reduce them (quite honistly i wouldnt have reduced them :-? )

I think the other thing that I find ia little irritating ( :oops: ) is the cheeky offers...you list something for a price and i dont mind doing a reduction/deal on multiple items becuase obviously i save on postage that way but on one item people will ask will you take £x? can you include postage and fee's? etc...infact the last three items that I have sold have been the first ones in AGES where the buyer pm'd me and just paid the amount without trying to knock me down/get postage included etc! I already ALWAYS post first class recorded and have to buy the postage bags etc (although i do re-use as much as i can) ... sorry that turned into a bit of a rant! :oops:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 25, 2011 8:27 am

Those cheeky offers are infuriating :evil: well they aren't cheeky they are down right insulting!
Tory remember me when you are thinking of selling on your plain nappies :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat