hf1

Seriously losing the cloth mojo. :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Seriously losing the cloth mojo. :(

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

it isn't individual peoples fb pages it is a group that is open as far as I can tell although some people do put things on their fb page as well.
I have given up listing things, charity does well out of me now, I do regularly browse classifieds myself though :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 pm

I find the classifieds on here are probably the best about - yes it can be slow to shift some things - same as anywhere really, some things are always going to sell faster than others. If things are realistically priced they will sell, maybe not as quick as they once would have but thats down to lots of factors including there being so much more choice now even from when Evie was in nappies, the economy, and trends changing.

As for cheeky offers - I dare say these people frequent all the classifieds sites and just chance their arm to get a bargain - I find a polite no thank you is sufficient :wink:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed May 25, 2011 3:51 pm

I do remember "in demand" nappies going for a reasonable amount (eg blueberries for a tenner when they were £16 new) but I have mostly listed stuff below half price. But then quite a bit of my stuff was secondhand to start with. I never really had a lot of embroidered nappies etc, preferred my beautiful pastel fuzzis :giggle: and I haven't sold all my remaining nappies but I did get rid of most of it. Plain stuff didn't really sell (eg BG v2s) but all my natural fibre inserts went and most of the "glamour" nappies.

I still reckon I saved a ton of money, think I spent about £450 from 6 months to PT, and got back just less than half of that from resales. She also wore a cloth nappy at night once she was dry at night for nearly 6 months, so we saved a fortune in pull ups!! (we used sposies at night originally)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat