hf1

No love for Teenyfits :(

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

No love for Teenyfits :(

Postby becky1978 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:52 pm

I want to find the love for my teenyfits but can't :( if I use the booster it doesn't fit rind her legs and pee leaks right out, if I don't then she out pees it in less than an hour, or the pee comes out the leg, and its the same when I've used a bamboo booster.
Is she too small? She was 6lb 10 last weigh in. She is, I believe, a mega wetter, neither of the boys were.
Also she seems to be getting chafing round her thighs when I use them, which I don't get with our fitted and prefold. Archie never got on with any pockets except bgs so maybe I should five up on them and prick with fitted? I was hoping to like them so I could move onto easyfits, theyre so easy to use, my DH loves,them but they just don't work :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: No love for Teenyfits :(

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Hang on to them for now and go back to them in a couple of weeks, that can make all the difference in the fit of a nappy. If that doesn't work then stick with what works for you and sell the teenyfits to me :giggle:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue May 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I use a folded little lamb booster and it works fab for us. Adds much less bulk than the mf insert and lasts us a good 4 hours

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 pm

I'll give you first dibs if I sell then kirsty! I tried a bamboo ll ant, and it was the same. She is just a mad peer! She's peed without a nappy a couple times and its like a flood!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue May 24, 2011 10:18 pm

becky1978 wrote:I'll give you first dibs if I sell then kirsty! I tried a bamboo ll ant, and it was the same. She is just a mad peer! She's peed without a nappy a couple times and its like a flood!

How about some zorb?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 am

Does she have noodle legs? At that weight im guessing she is pretty ickle (megan was 5lbs 14oz at birth and dropped to 5lbs when we left hospital...and all i had were BG OS :hohoho: ) I would hang onto them and try again in a couple of weeks too...hope you find the love :hug:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed May 25, 2011 10:11 am

Ours were rubbish when Otis was a newborn. They leaked and we got leg gape. They're much better now, although getting a bit tight already.

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 pm

I had one teenyfit and couldn't get on with it with Emily - skinny baby here! That said even now I can't get on with pockets with her and stick to fitteds.

Becky - did you get my PM about the DnF XS? I was on holiday last week so only replied to your message Saturday.

Yvette x

My avatar
jetters
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jetters » Wed May 25, 2011 1:35 pm

K was 6lb exactly when he wore his first teenyfit. I persevered with them for about 6 weeks, before I sold them- he outpee'd them every single time, with or without the booster, wee would be straight up his back. Some nappies just don't work for some babies I guess.

However I bought a load of easyfits when he was 5 months old and they worked fabulously (and still do)- so don't worry if the TFs don't work, EFs probably still will.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat