hf1

Hole in nappy after two uses.what would you expect?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Hole in nappy after two uses.what would you expect?

Postby anothersquish » Wed May 25, 2011 11:36 am

Im trying to figure out if I am being unreasonable or not :giggle:
I bought a very expensive nappy (costing over £30) I used it once as soon as it arrived for about an hour, I washed it, used it again for about another hour and then washed it....after the second wash a hole had appeared in the insert, I was distraught as I couldnt use the nappy anymore. I emailed the company I bought it from twice, I recieved no reply so I emailed again, no reply so I contacted the owner of the company a different way and she said she hadnt had the email. I emailed a further three times (and on the last attempt lied and told them I sent it from a different email account to give them a 'get out' card!) and FINALLY got a reply 6 weeks after I first made contact with them about it.
Basically the owner of the company is saying any faults should have shown after one use/wash and the shape of the hole suggests its not a manufacturing fault...basically she seems to not want to do anything about it (after me spending around £100 on three nappies from her one of which I cant use at all).
I have never, ever had any damage to my nappies before, the insert was INSIDE the nappy during the wash so could not have been caught on anything to cause damage.
I was so astounded by the tone of her mail Im now not sure whether it was unreasonable to expect a nappy to last longer than 2 hours and two 30 degree washes?!
Aside from this I was significantly overcharged for postage so I am not exactly a happy bunny right now!

Am I being unreasonable wanting a replacement?

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Hole in nappy after two uses.what would you expect?

Postby ImisMummy » Wed May 25, 2011 11:41 am

What company did you use?
Did you pay through paypa? I dont know if you can open a claim as it was faulty.

I would certainly expect it to last longer than that. Even the ebay cheapies last longer than that!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 25, 2011 11:43 am

Well I know I sure wouldn't expect a nappy insert to develop a fault after 1 or 2 washes, I would be most piddled off. x

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed May 25, 2011 11:44 am

No, you are not being unreasonable. Any nappy should clearly last much, much longer than this one has. It sounds unsuitable for purpose, IMO. If you bought it in the UK, I'd threaten to involve Trading Standards. I can see exactly why you're upset - not only do you have a faulty nappy, but lousy CS too!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed May 25, 2011 11:45 am

anothersquish wrote:Am I being unreasonable wanting a replacement?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Not at all!!!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

Kirstyh wrote:Well I know I sure wouldn't expect a nappy insert to develop a fault after 1 or 2 washes, I would be most piddled off. x

Yes this...i would be pretty annoyed that she doesnt seem to want to fix the issue :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 25, 2011 11:49 am

and a replacement insert isn't exactly asking the world is it x

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 am

Is it from the UK? If a fault develops in the first 6 months then you are entitled to a full refund (inc p&p). It is up to them to prove it wasn't faulty and fit for purpose when you bought it.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed May 25, 2011 11:52 am

It wasnt in the UK and unfortunately the payment was made through a coop over the paypal reclaim time period ago so I cant even get my money back that way...infact I am now a little suspicious that the "missing" emails were 'missing' to push the timeframe longer so it would be impossible for me to claim back considering how I have been responded too!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat