hf1

Poo Leaks - Newbie needing advice .

My avatar
Mumma-Boo
Clothie
Clothie

Poo Leaks - Newbie needing advice .

Postby Mumma-Boo » Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 am

Morning all on this glorious rainy/wet/cloudy day!!

Im using FLIP nappies & im finding with my littlest (4mths old) that everytime she has a poo it always hits the wrap, as well as the insert .
Im sure this is probably a stupid question & that the poo will go wherever it wants to go, but I was just checking that im not doing anything wrong??

Mumma-Boo xx :wave:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Poo Leaks - Newbie needing advice .

Postby littlesez » Thu May 26, 2011 12:09 pm

I have never used flips are they an all inone? are you supposed to be able to change just the inserts? When i used ittis (snap in ones) sometimes i had to change the outer and sometimes i didnt it was luck really :giggle:

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Thu May 26, 2011 12:12 pm

I always use a fleece liner which seems to chatch alot of it and stop it from spreading :puke:

My avatar
Mumma-Boo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mumma-Boo » Thu May 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Il have to look into getting a fleece liner maybe....
The baby poo is def spreading onto the wrap! lol
You're only supposed to need to change the insert, not the wrap. But like you said think its luck more than anything & finding the right insert for baby poop!!! :puke:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I used some flips with my son and we always got poo on the cover... We only ever got away with reusing the wrap if it was just a wet nappy!

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Thu May 26, 2011 5:12 pm

It always hits the wrap with us, never thought it was a problem tbh, just assumed it was the norm for these nappies.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu May 26, 2011 6:47 pm

There isnothing wrong with the poo getting on the wrap as long as its contained inside the wrap not leaking out the legs. Its accepted that if you use prefolds in PUL wraps or AI2s etc that when they poo you will have to wash the whole thing and its only when just went you can reuse.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat