hf1

Are expensive nappies really worth it?

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Are expensive nappies really worth it?

Postby ellemonkey » Fri May 27, 2011 12:07 am

I am looking at getting some bedbugs from baby bots as they still have 20% off but i just want to know if they are really worth that or can I get better nappies for my money?

For nights we are using a fluffle plus either a motherease onesize or sandy overtop (with booster in middle) plus airflow. This is the best combo to deal with little man's mega wee's but would really just want a single nappy due to the fact his legs come higher than his head when he lies down.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Are expensive nappies really worth it?

Postby laceybat » Fri May 27, 2011 6:21 am

i have got a few expensive nappy's as i wanted to have some specalie one's for ryan and i love them i've just got a new holden landing and it is fab so i would defently get a coupe of expensive ones.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 27, 2011 6:41 am

If you have a heavy wetter then you definitely would be better off with a specific night nappy. However some people with heavy wetters do not get on very well with bedbugs due to the mf content. The bedbug plus would be a better option to try. Other night nappies that work well are Wee Notions night notions and Puddlekins All Hours. TBH I wouldn't buy new until you know what works for you, pick up a couple of different types on classifieds to try first before you splash out on brand new ones.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri May 27, 2011 6:56 am

Louise wrote:If you have a heavy wetter then you definitely would be better off with a specific night nappy. However some people with heavy wetters do not get on very well with bedbugs due to the mf content. The bedbug plus would be a better option to try. Other night nappies that work well are Wee Notions night notions and Puddlekins All Hours. TBH I wouldn't buy new until you know what works for you, pick up a couple of different types on classifieds to try first before you splash out on brand new ones.

WSS we love Holdens Landing nappies but did have to boost the Bedbugs, the plus version is great though. We bought most of our nappies preloved from here until we knew what worked well for us (and still do actually)

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Fri May 27, 2011 9:40 am

What kind of wraps would go with the holdens?

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Fri May 27, 2011 9:45 am

ellemonkey wrote:What kind of wraps would go with the holdens?

Holdens do pul wraps and wool interlock, if you want to match.
I would recommend wool for night use so wool interlock or a knitted soaker/longies. Like the others have said have a look on the classifieds to see what takes your fancy.
I think wool can be a hard one to get your head round, but it really is fab for night use ( and day). Especially something preloved that may be slightly felted.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 am

ellemonkey wrote:What kind of wraps would go with the holdens?

For a heavy wetter, the best covers to go over night nappies are fleece or wool. These allow the nappies to breathe and some of the excess wee to evaporate, so the nappies don't get so wet in the first place.

Ad yes, it's definitely worth paying for proper night nappies with a heavy wetter or they end up with the weeble bum that you have and that still may not hold it all!

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 am

Ok thanks will have a look.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri May 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Anything with Microfibre didn't work for us overnight & we need specific Night Nappies, so yes they were worth the money for us.

We have never got on with fleece or wool so use Thirsties Duo wraps, because the rise is adjustable you can use them over a whole variety of nappies, in fact they are all we use now.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat