hf1

What offers are considered 'cheeky'?

My avatar
Chazsucks
Clothie
Clothie

What offers are considered 'cheeky'?

Postby Chazsucks » Fri May 27, 2011 12:57 pm

I've just realised that some people don't like offers and now I feel really guilty for offering amouts on te classifieds :( I only buy for the listed price if I think it's already reasonable but now I'm thinking maybe I should only reply to posts that say offers considered or something - I never intended to irritate anyone.. Sorry if I have!

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What offers are considered 'cheeky'?

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri May 27, 2011 12:59 pm

I never mind offers - I can always say no x :wink:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri May 27, 2011 1:03 pm

I think a cheeky offer would be a low offer on an already low price nappy or an offer that is a HUGE difference in price. I think sometimes when you make an offer it is important to remember that a lot of people list items as all in, so including postage and fees. If you're selling a nappy for £10 all in, £2 of that goes in postage and fees.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri May 27, 2011 1:06 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:I never mind offers - I can always say no x :wink:

Exactly this :hug:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri May 27, 2011 1:06 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:I never mind offers - I can always say no x :wink:

WSS :D

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:I think a cheeky offer would be a low offer on an already low price nappy or an offer that is a HUGE difference in price. I think sometimes when you make an offer it is important to remember that a lot of people list items as all in, so including postage and fees. If you're selling a nappy for £10 all in, £2 of that goes in postage and fees.

This ^^^

I don't mind genuine offers, especially if someone is buying more than one thing,

But some offers I have had in the past have been downright ridiculous to the point of being rude, for example I had a nappy that was £30 new and had been worn twice, was immaculate and I was selling for £18 ... someone offered me £10 all in

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 pm

zoeyboo wrote:
50ftQueenie wrote:I think a cheeky offer would be a low offer on an already low price nappy or an offer that is a HUGE difference in price. I think sometimes when you make an offer it is important to remember that a lot of people list items as all in, so including postage and fees. If you're selling a nappy for £10 all in, £2 of that goes in postage and fees.

This ^^^

I don't mind genuine offers, especially if someone is buying more than one thing,

But some offers I have had in the past have been downright ridiculous to the point of being rude, for example I had a nappy that was £30 new and had been worn twice, was immaculate and I was selling for £18 ... someone offered me £10 all in

I agree with this too :)

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:48 pm

As previous posters have said. But...what I can never understand is people who sell things lower than they really want to and then moan about it! :shock:

If anyone made an offer I thought was ridiculous I would just say no. I wouldn't feel 'bullied' into selling as some people seem to say they feel.

I think if anyone is daft enough to let a decent nappy for go for peanuts rather than the price they really wanted then that is their lookout. :wink:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri May 27, 2011 1:53 pm

anya1973 wrote:As previous posters have said. But...what I can never understand is people who sell things lower than they really want to and then moan about it! :shock:

If anyone made an offer I thought was ridiculous I would just say no. I wouldn't feel 'bullied' into selling as some people seem to say they feel.

I think if anyone is daft enough to let a decent nappy for go for peanuts rather than the price they really wanted then that is their lookout. :wink:

Well I agree with this, but as someone who has sold big batches of nappies in the past it's busy enough dealing with normal enquiries without having to say no thanks to spammy offers :-? .

I would consider anything more than 20% off to be a cheeky offer. I don't like listing things all in for this reason, but it seems to be the trend so I've had to go with it in the past. I'd rather agree a price for the nappies, then have the buyer pay postage - that way they aren't paying over the odds for postage.

But like you say, you can always say no :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat