hf1

Advice please

My avatar
sparkymummy
Clothie
Clothie

Advice please

Postby sparkymummy » Tue May 31, 2011 9:41 am

I have a chunky 18 month girl and have used MEOS with her up until recently. I'm finding they are rubbing her thighs now so a friend has lent me some Bambino Mios. I never got on with them with my son but they seem ok with DD although the wraps seem to be rubbing her tummy and she is in the biggest size. Can anyone advise me on which way to go now as would like to stay in cloth until she potty trains but don't want to spend lots of pennies as I'm imagining she won't be in nappies for too long. I like the idea of prefolds, and the fact that she has a slim bum unlike the motherease, and the fact that they are pretty cheap but I'm not happy with these bambino mio wraps!

Thanks x

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Advice please

Postby Asta » Tue May 31, 2011 9:51 am

get some different wraps, something like the Gen-Y universal as you can adjust the legs and waist seperately.

You may find you need more absorbent prefolds or to boost the bambino mio ones as she gets bigger.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 am

I agree - get some different wraps. I've always found the BM ones to be pretty rubbish TBH. Prefolds can work well until potty training (we're still using them with DD) but a good wrap is all imprortant. I personally haven't tried Gen-Y, but they've got some great reviews. I find that Weehuggers, Flips and Thirsties duo work well with our prefolds.

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Tue May 31, 2011 11:26 am

The flip wraps are the best we have used them with everything and no leaks x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat