hf1

Using fleece liners

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Using fleece liners

Postby claireb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 am

I have started using home made fleece liners in my Motherease nappy just really to help with the wicking moisure away from skin issue, but what about using them in Bumgenius - is there any reason why I shouldn't? It is really just to help with them getting so stained.
Thanks!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Using fleece liners

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:20 pm

No reason you can't use them in bumgenius...
They're suedette lined already which does help keep moisture away from skin already but I started using liners again recently as was fedup of cowpat toddler poos in them being hard to clean...

I was worried the double layer of fleece might cause problems but we were okay so you should be fine - you could use paperliners in fleece lined nappies but I'm not sure if on a newborn that might cause leaks as the poo tends to then squirt out the sides!! :lol:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:24 pm

We almost always use fleece liners in nappies with lining such as the BG, just to help stop staining, and because it is easier to flush poo off the liner than deal with the extra layers of fabric. At nursery, they always use paper liners in the BG nappies.

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby claireb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Thanks for your replies.
So you don't think that they would get too hot with 2 fleece-type layers?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:43 pm

I don't think Isabelle did...

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 pm

claireb wrote:Thanks for your replies.
So you don't think that they would get too hot with 2 fleece-type layers?

With this weather there's no chance. But to be fair, even when it was warm, it never seemed to bother her. At least it is more breathable than a sposie.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 pm

I agree we have used 2 layers of fleece / suedecloth with no problems at all and it does help with poo disposal

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat