What to recommend a new cloth user?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

What to recommend a new cloth user?

Postby clothmama » Sun May 27, 2007 5:54 am

Just wondering what you would all recommend to a friend wanting to use cloth?

If it were a nb baby I would recommend some Bumgenius but also lots of sized 2 parts. I really loved my bimble when Louis was tiny with a xs or s rikki wrap. Would probably also recommend some nb bamboo squares, can then be used later in pocket nappys but so handy in the early days when you are changing all the time. Ummm what esle???? I really loved my Ellas house hemp as well as it was sooooo slim and lasted the longest of any of my size 1 nappies. So

6 Bumgenius
6 Bimbles
6 nb bamboo squares
3 Ellas House hemp
2 Fluffles (for quick drying reasons)
2 Babybeehind Bamboo (not 100% how they'll work on a nb but wouldn't be long and they would be fine and great once they start sleeping a little longer - we are waiting on Beck now to let us know how they are on a nb!!!)

I reakon that would give anyone a good base collection and they could see what they did and didn't like. Also 8 of them can be used btp.

If it were for an older baby I would recommend pockets and a shaped nappy with a wool wrap for overnight, with maybe 1 day wrap and a couple of Baby Beehinds (they could then be used night as well)or similar for long car journeys or when lo has a bad tummy as lets face it a 2 part system is more reliable but that seems to matter less and less when they are on solids etc!

What would you do?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun May 27, 2007 6:35 am

LOL I'll be sure to let you all know how a bb goes on a nb :lol:

I really want to get some more BB I really do think they would fit a little bub we started using them at 4 months and going by Phebie I think they would fit alot smaller bub.

and I want some bumgenius (after Tory raving about them on a nb! Plus they would also fit Phebie) and some muslins.

For an older baby I'd reccommend pockets, Green kids definiately and Fuzzis and two parts especially baby beehinds and at least one motherease wrap (no collection is complete with out one)

I'm sure theres more but I just cant think of what they are :roll: :oops:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun May 27, 2007 8:37 am

I would say bumgenius, I also loved our bimbles and size 1 bamboozles.

The bumgenius is such a fab nappy I have reccommended it to a friend who is trying for a baby :D She has tried one on her little boy 2 1/2 who is trained and it fit him really well, she was impressed and says she will be going the cloth route with baby number 2 :D :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun May 27, 2007 10:17 am

I always find this a tricky one as we just used Motherease Onesize on Charlotte until she was about 3 months old and I found cloth boards :wink: They worked really well for us and I am still a big fan of onesize nappies as I think they are great value. But I know many people prefer little nappies on a nb and I would probably buy some little ones if I had another despite having plenty of nappies already.

In my demo pack I have a Swaddlebees OV nb, a bimble and a diddy diaper which are just adorable so would probably have a few of those. Jeannette at Tiddlybums has also given me a small one of hers which is really cute. I have a Tots demo pack with some original, bamboozle and fluffle size ones but don't think I would bother with them, maybe a Little Lamb bamboo size one.

So I would probably say to a new starter:

2 Bimbles or Diddy Diapers (I suspect the Diddy Diapers would last longer
2 Swaddlebees OV nb (although these probably wouldn't last very long)
2 Little Lamb Bamboo size 1
3 Swaddlebees OV onesize
3 Bumgenius
3 Green Kids
3 Baby Beehinds Bamboo

That is 18 but 12 should last a while and then they can add some size 2s as the baby gets bigger.

For an older baby I would swap the bimbles and OV for some HH and some more little lambs.

Mmmmm the options are endless.

Annette

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun May 27, 2007 11:11 am

Your right Annette, I had 2 diddys and 2 bimbles and the diddys probably did a good month or more longer than the bimbles but I loved that the bimbles were fleece lined!!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue May 29, 2007 2:09 pm

it depends, if they just want to use cloth and are looking for a simple way to do it, i'd just advise bumgenius's for days and wonderoos for nights. both 1 size and super easy to use....but if they were showing signs of a secret love for all the cloth nappies...well then i'd advise..
some BG's
some Heinys
some fuzzis
a wonderoo
bambeasys
bamboo QF's
a few little lambs
someting from wee notions
a baby beehind bamboo
and some nice wraps!!!

its possible that people shouldn't ask me such questions as i do get a little excited!!!

Shevi

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat