hf1

Recommend me a nappy!

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Recommend me a nappy!

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:42 pm

I have been meaning to order some more nappies for a while now but just can not decide what to buy, so thought I would ask for some advice/recommendations!

At the moment we are using BG AIOs, BG V4's and Flips. I like them all but would like to add a few prettier nappies to our stash! They need to be popper fastening as DD now finds it funny to undo applix nappies :roll: I *think* I would prefer pockets as when I have tried her with a fitted (ME OS) she just seemed to be soaked up to the tummy within half an hour, but rest of the nappy is dry! Don't really want AIOs as they dont seem absorbent enough for us and I only use my BG AIOs when I know it will only be a couple of hours max until next nappy change!

So any nappies you can recommend?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Recommend me a nappy!

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Weenotions side snaps or onesize pockets?? You cam make them as pretty as you like! :wink:

I love easyfits becuase they can be used as an AIO but very easily boosted if needed! and i love the prints but they are aplix!

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:04 pm

I have been looking at WN pockets, there is actually one I really like in stock at the moment too so might try that to begin with!

I love the look of Easyfits. I actually sold the one we had to you :giggle: They just didn't work for us unfortunately and plus like you say applix is a no no now. I wish they did work for us as the local Tesco sell them and every time I go down the nappy isle I look longingly at them :hohoho:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Definately weenotions for pockets. You have to try some of the fitted with wool though. MEOS are only cotton & there is a wonderful world of pretty fitted out there. Upsy daisy pockets are pretty too but you can't buy them new anymore so you can onlt get them on classifieds.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:26 pm

monsterm wrote:Definately weenotions for pockets. You have to try some of the fitted with wool though. MEOS are only cotton & there is a wonderful world of pretty fitted out there. Upsy daisy pockets are pretty too but you can't buy them new anymore so you can onlt get them on classifieds.

Think a few Weenotions are going to be accidentally falling into my basket :giggle: Don't tell my DH :giggle:

I have seen loads of the really pretty fitteds that i have been really tempted to buy, but what puts me off is that if it is then covered with a wrap you don't see the prettiness :-?

Will also keep an eye out for some pre loved Upsy Daisys to try

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:16 pm

monsterm wrote:Definately weenotions for pockets. You have to try some of the fitted with wool though. MEOS are only cotton & there is a wonderful world of pretty fitted out there. Upsy daisy pockets are pretty too but you can't buy them new anymore so you can onlt get them on classifieds.

WSS. Cotton ones aren't that absorbent and we dont get on well with them, however we get on brilliant with the pretty fitteds that are SO absorbent.

Hannahboo wrote:Think a few Weenotions are going to be accidentally falling into my basket :giggle: Don't tell my DH :giggle:

I have seen loads of the really pretty fitteds that i have been really tempted to buy, but what puts me off is that if it is then covered with a wrap you don't see the prettiness :-?

Will also keep an eye out for some pre loved Upsy Daisys to try

:giggle: I used to think that too! I could never understand why people bought pretty fitteds only to cover them up. However I am now addicted and actually prefer them to pockets etc :D

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 pm

If Flips work well for you then you could buy some weehugger wraps to use with your fip inserts? They have some fab patterns. Or nappy wise, I recommend rumparooz if you like BG v4's. Plus rosie boos do lovely custom nappies that aren't too expensive :D

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:15 pm

I wish someone would make a see through wrap just for that purpose.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:19 pm

:D I love weenotions best pocket nappy but not just a pretty face they are really good functional nappies but like with any pocket you need decent inserts

I like a good fancy fitted but with wool instead of wrap :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat