hf1

LLS interlock nappy disinigrating.HELP?!

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

LLS interlock nappy disinigrating.HELP?!

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 pm

I have just taken my wool interlock Oct Club LLS night nappy out the wahsing machine and the interlock around the legs has distintigrated in places...I wash all my wool interlock nappies together at 40 degrees with a teaspoon of sanitiser and do a double rinse before and after washing....

Is there anything I can do or anyone who can help???

here you can see both legs cuffs disintigrating :S

Right cuff of my LLS Oct club nappy

left leg cuff of my Oct LLS club nappy

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: LLS interlock nappy disinigrating.HELP?!

Postby beffys » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:07 pm

I'll check with Amber if she can replace it Victoria, otherwise provide a partial refund based on usage. I think Amber is low on materials though now tbh as I won't be getting anymore fabrics in for a while. I think high ph and wear affects wool though, especially bio soaps seem the worst.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I have ensured it has always been washed neutrally as I know of the effects it can have on interlock....the odd thing is it is only this one that it has happened to and they are all worn on the same rotation so max once every 7-10days

I do recall someone else having the same problem with another one of the Oct Club Interlock nappies? :-?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Yep we replaced a couple of October club nappies in the last batch that was made up. I've seen the elastic part go like that with barely any use before as well so I think there are a number of factors in terms of how people wash and wear differently.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Thank you Beth (Amber)...I will await further info from you both :hug:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:51 pm

I threw my October one away yesterday for exactly that reason :(. Mine has always been washed in with all the other nappies though so probably my fault :oops:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat