hf1

Are they really cotton?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Are they really cotton?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:13 pm

I was going to chance an ebay cheapie or two for the change bag. It says minkee or cotton outer, are they really cotton or is it just bad translation? :giggle:

Is it a waste of £2.79?? :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Are they really cotton?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 pm

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm

I have serious issues with these "ebay cheapies".
For a start they are taking business away from WAHMs who cant produce a product for anywhere near those prices....we all buy 'big brands' sometimes but even those big brands do their best to ensure their workers are well paid and that their product is as ethically produced as possible.
The same cannot be said for these china/ebay cheapies!
They may work (for some people) but IMO they shouldnt be touched with a barge pole.

Sorry btw, this has been bugging me for AGES, everytime I see a post about these sorts of nappy I want to scream.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:26 pm

I had some of these and the outer did not look cotton! They are good "spare" nappies.

Like squish says, i got some when i was new to cloth, but wouldnt touch them now!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm

I only wanted one for my change bag as i have 3 pocket nappies and i don't keep them in my change bag.

I cant afford to go to weenotions or a WAHM for one nappy that's going to sit at the bottom of my bag. 95% of the rest of my nappies are WAHM and the ones that arn't are tots bots....

Sorry for asking :nonono:

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:35 pm

We werent having a go hun :hug:

I wouldnt touch them now as I found them useless. DD just weed straight out of the top of them. As I say, they are fine emergency nappies. I still get tempted by the pretty print though!

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Don't be sorry Charli :hug:

We had 3 of those type when Mikey was still in cloth as spares and I found them to be quite good nappies,
even better when stuffed with hemp, bamboo or zorb.
Not sure if they are really cotton though (we had all minkee).

My stash was a mix of mostly wahm but also others including these and it worked fine for us.
In an ideal world I'm sure we would all love to be able to have a whole stash consisting of wahm nappies
but I for one couldn't afford that and exercised my right as a consumer to buy from wherever I wanted :wink:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I've had some before and they have been fine....different seller but have no idea what the outer was on the ones I brought :-?

and I maybe having a flowered one off the link you just sent me I am desperate for a couple more pockets for my change bag and I have just under a tenner in my pp account :wine: ... and maybe a pink minki one......

Cheers Charli x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Oh right, it's just they looked shiney to me like that fabric i can't remember the name of (like BG's and fuzzi's????)

I had a minkee one once and Sophie had an allergic reaction to it within 30 seconds so i threw it away.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat