hf1

Are they really cotton?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Are they really cotton?

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Just use some from your current stash to put in your change bag, thats what I do, I just take them out and put different ones in every week or so so that I dont have 'nice' nappies sat in the bag.
Id never, ever touch one because of the potential ethical issues but I havent told you not to buy them...just make sure you are aware of the fact that they may well be produced unethically and with potentially sub standard materials to get the finished product price so low.
If you are going to go for one Id suggest Minkee, cotton often wicks so minkee is a safer bet.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

I appreciate the WAHM support and stuff and like to support where needed but surly its better to buy a nappy that you can afford rather then run out of nappies/resort to sposies :-? I would love to have a wahm stash of nappies and clothing but my budget doesnt allow im afraid and therefore i buy what i can afford!

Dont be sorry Charli :hug:

Oh and erm i have no idea about the nappies!! :giggle:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:47 pm

anothersquish wrote:Just use some from your current stash to put in your change bag, thats what I do, I just take them out and put different ones in every week or so so that I dont have 'nice' nappies sat in the bag.
Id never, ever touch one because of the potential ethical issues but I havent told you not to buy them...just make sure you are aware of the fact that they may well be produced unethically and with potentially sub standard materials to get the finished product price so low.
If you are going to go for one Id suggest Minkee, cotton often wicks so minkee is a safer bet.

I don't agree with the ethics at all. But then again my clothes (alot from primark) are probably made in the same way BUT i can't afford anything better. I only every buy preloved clothes/nappies as right now we are struggling!

I tend to use my only 3 pockets straight away so i never have them 'spare' to put in my bag. With fitteds, he seems to drench them through, wet the wrap and i always forget to pack wraps as i only have 4 :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm

megansmummy wrote:I appreciate the WAHM support and stuff and like to support where needed but surly its better to buy a nappy that you can afford rather then run out of nappies/resort to sposies :-? I would love to have a wahm stash of nappies and clothing but my budget doesnt allow im afraid and therefore i buy what i can afford!

It MUST be better than sposies :hohoho: :hohoho: Plus although i REALLY don't ike the ethics involved, they are already sitting at the sellers house in the uk, someone else will only buy them...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

megansmummy wrote:I appreciate the WAHM support and stuff and like to support where needed but surly its better to buy a nappy that you can afford rather then run out of nappies/resort to sposies :-? I would love to have a wahm stash of nappies and clothing but my budget doesnt allow im afraid and therefore i buy what i can afford!

Totally agree with Tory, I would love a WHAM stash but 1/it costs a fortune and 2/ for the length of time they are in them I think it is a touch of madness!! Sure to have a few but I know I won't be having a full WHAM stash. Charli please don't feel bad for doing what you can afford to do, I must confess I was a bit shocked at that reply you got :hug:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

I understand money wise, I do but if you dont agree ethically the only way to put an end to it is to not buy....sometimes I look at how much stuff I could get at Primark instead of buying elsewhere but I refuse to buy anything from there, I would rather buy preloved stuff! Same goes for these nappies! If you do go for these try and buy preloved instead of new, there are some for sale on a group on facebook right now, really cheap too.

Alternatively there may be people on here who have wraps and fitteds they dont use that they may be able to offer you for nominal fee/FFP that you could leave in the change bag.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Kirstyh wrote:

Totally agree with Tory, I would love a WHAM stash but 1/it costs a fortune and 2/ for the length of time they are in them I think it is a touch of madness!! Sure to have a few but I know I won't be having a full WHAM stash. Charli please don't feel bad for doing what you can afford to do, I must confess I was a bit shocked at that reply you got :hug:

Aaah everyone has their own views, opinions and values but there is a time and a place to express them. Sometimes it can be best to re-read the original question in hand and answer it if you can, if not, leave it :)
No harm done, im not after a bun fight... unless your bored you lot???

(joking)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:59 pm

:giggle: Charli!!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Oh and WAHM cloth doesnt all cost a fortune? WN start from less than £10, loads of WAHMs make prefolds and flats for £5-10, there are lots of start up/small WAHMs that make fitteds/onesize/pockets for around the £10 mark...all good quality stuff.
These are even cheaper if you buy preloved....my point being there is always a way to work around money and stay on the ethical side of the fence.
Shoot me down if you must!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat