hf1

Are they really cotton?

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Are they really cotton?

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:10 pm

stormflowers wrote:With respect to some other who have posted, Charli asked a straightforward question about these nappies, not for a lecture on the ethics of buying ebay cheapies. I have a few in my stash and they are fine for 'emergency' nappies if you stuff them with bamboo or hemp. I got the minkee ones though (from a different seller) so I'm afraid I'm no help on whether the outer really is cotton or not!

While most of us would agree that ideally, it would be 'better' to buy WAHM stuff, the reality is that even preloved it *is* more expensive. The OP shouldn't feel she has to justify her buying decisions on here or anywhere else.

Well put- in the end of the day plenty of us have to buy cheap & have to buy Primark etc as funds don't stretch 'at that moment'...

Would be lovely to only buy WAHM, but the reality for alot of us is it just aint gonna happen!!!

Most fabrics are sorced from China anyway aren't they..?

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 pm

I have 7 ebay cheapies and I quite like them.In fact I use them more than most of my others :oops:
I would rather they had a big stinky poo in them than my more expensive ones lol

I say get them..... :wink:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:42 pm

peachy.moo wrote:
stormflowers wrote:With respect to some other who have posted, Charli asked a straightforward question about these nappies, not for a lecture on the ethics of buying ebay cheapies. I have a few in my stash and they are fine for 'emergency' nappies if you stuff them with bamboo or hemp. I got the minkee ones though (from a different seller) so I'm afraid I'm no help on whether the outer really is cotton or not!

While most of us would agree that ideally, it would be 'better' to buy WAHM stuff, the reality is that even preloved it *is* more expensive. The OP shouldn't feel she has to justify her buying decisions on here or anywhere else.

Well put- in the end of the day plenty of us have to buy cheap & have to buy Primark etc as funds don't stretch 'at that moment'...

Would be lovely to only buy WAHM, but the reality for alot of us is it just aint gonna happen!!!

Most fabrics are sorced from China anyway aren't they..?

Well said both of you! I had to giggle at "Most fabrics are sorced from China anyway aren't they" touche :giggle:

I never normally get involved in discussions on the tree but I think the responses have been a bit extreme. It's all well & good to feel passionate about the ethics of it all & it may well be something that you've wanted to say for a while but Charli's shouldn't get the brunt of pent up frustrations :wink: . :soapbox:

Anyway... Charli it looks like the outside of fuzzi's or BG to me rather than cotton :D

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:03 pm

I have about 10 'Rainbow' nappies which I believe are ebay cheapies (although I got them second hand so can't guarantee that is where they came from) and they are very like Fuzzi Bunz in all ways. PUL outter and fleece inner. Perfect for us, although they say one size but are only the same size at the FB small. Last us until baby is 6 months ish. Used on first two and are in perfect nick for use on third come August. So a 'yes' from me, but I suppose there is an element of luck of the draw on which ones you get.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am

charlibunny wrote:I was going to chance an ebay cheapie or two for the change bag. It says minkee or cotton outer, are they really cotton or is it just bad translation? :giggle:

Is it a waste of £2.79?? :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I have some one size cutie patooties if you would like them - in excellent condition. :D

That way you can keep your money and your conscience. :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 pm

I got some DudeyBaba last week as I keep running out of clean, dry nappies when it rains. I got some minki ones and they are pretty good. I stuffed them with two dudeybaba bamboo inserts and my heavy wetter couldn't out wee it in 3 hours :D
They are a really generous size as well. My little man is usually in the middle set of rise snaps buy in the dudeybaba's, he's in the smallest setting so it should last a good while :D

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 am

I've just received the 'cotton' Dudeybaba's that we bought to use as swim nappies and they are 100% polyester.
HTH.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat