hf1

Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

Postby monsterm » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 pm

There is a chance she is weeing more because she is waking. Dd1 woke up last night with a bad dream banged about a bit & dd2 woke up because of it & filled her nappy to leaking point so she could be wetting more with waking. Is she feeding in the night or just waking?

The smell can be very strong for various reasons. Teething causes it, the volume of wee causes it & how full the nappy is causes it. Microfibre is terribly for getting smelly when full too so that's another reason to ditch it. You need to have a bamboo or hemp insert to put in the nappy as well as the boosters. Do you have one? If so, get rid of the microfibre altogether. Just had a look back & you mention a hemperoo. I have never used them but they are inserts right? I would put that in with a easy peasy hemp underneath for stability & a little lamb bamboo or 2 on top. What combo did you use last night? I would also suggest using either a fleece or a wool soaker on top even though it's a pocket to prevent wicking. Are you fastening a vest over the nappy by any chance? Not putting on a vest will prevent wicking. Next size up pj pants would help too.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat