hf1

Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

Postby sineadrankin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Hiya, as the title says I am a newbie to cloth, with dd1 I avoided it and went to disposables as I didn't know much about it and was so nervous! This time round I'm taking the bull by the horns so to speak and have researched everything.

Baby no.2 has a full stash of fitted, pockets, btps, etc.

DD1, is 2.8 and potty trained for about two months, she is however wet at night, and I am near to my last 3 or 4 of nappies for night time use. She uses the pull up pants and they have never leaked and is getting dry on some nights.

I have been thinking that it may not be too late to swap to reusables now for her at night. So I sized her up today and the btps i have will fit her. I also have extra inserts etc.

I have 5 nappies in one size, so was wondering what your advice would be on the best one.

lollipop one size
a spongebob pocket nappy, bought preloved, unsure of make but it comes with 2bamboo inserts and is really thick.
nature babies pocket one size
Another one which I think is motherease but its faded so can't read the label per loved.

I'm trying to do this without buying preloved/new ones as I don't think she'll be wet for long.

Any suggestions from what I've got?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 pm

I don't know which to suggest but I would avoid the motherease. As long as you have the right inserts such as bamboo which are absorbent you may be OK. I can't use pockets over-night but some people do. Hope someone else can help you :D

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Has the spongebob pocket got a cotton outer? If so I wouldn't use it as if she's a heavy wetter it'll probably wick :wink: what's the lollipop one made of? I don't know what to recommend as I've not tried any of those at night. I've always used bedbugs or LLS (luscious little somethings) as my heavy wetters out-pee regular day nappies :shock: I have to boost most night nappies anyway :giggle:

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sineadrankin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 pm

looks pul to me, but I have wraps I can put around just in case. I guess I'm trying to do it on the cheap lol (just checked its polyester?)

Not sure what material the of the lollipop one is, but I know it is a OS and would need a wrap definitely

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sineadrankin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Forgot to say what does wick mean?

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 pm

whenthe cotton gets damp from the wee. Kind of leaking.

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sineadrankin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Right ok, I'll try to find the exact models online of what I've got, most are preloved though, so not sure what material they are.

Will the polyester outer pocket need a wrap?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

The lollipop is an all in one is it? Out of the ones you listed it would have to be either the lollipop or the spongebob one. You will have to boost quite a bit though. Bamboo or hemp are the best to boost with. Be prepared that she might wake in the night wet until you find the right combination of inserts that work.

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sineadrankin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 pm

The lollipop is a 2part Nappy with a snap in booster. I'll have a go when its dry and try that and the spongebob one, but may end up buying a proper night Nappy at this rate. Sponge bob dd said wasn't comfy so doubt I can use it :(

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat