hf1

Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 pm

I have the same spongebob nappy I think, we'd never be able to use that one overnight :giggle: the only pockets that have ever worked for us overnight were Minki ones. They were on DD though (not tried them on DS) but now she's getting bladder control she floods them so no good! I really rate WNNNs, maybe you could try to get one preloved just to try? Or I know you can buy just plain ones from WN direct for quite cheap (but I can never buy anything from there without going mad with embroidery etc :giggle:)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:20 am

Sounds like that lollipop one is the pop n grow AI2 (sorry I meant to say AI2 not AIO in my last post). According to the website, they come with 2 fleece top inserts one bamboo & one microfibre. Ditch the microfibre one & stuff with other inserts/boosters. What inserts/boosters have you got?

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sineadrankin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Got loads of diff insets, microfibre, bamboo, all diff sizes. I'll try it for comfort on her tonight see what she says :)

My avatar
Karanj56
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Karanj56 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you but we are using a little lamb size 2 with a wrap over it and I have an Econobum wrap with 4 tri fold inserts.

Erin managed really well with the LL combo but she didnt like the wrap. Tonight she is in the little lamb with the econobum wrap over.

Must say even though the econobum wrap is poppered it does feel better and fits better thatn the LL Wrap.

Will be having a go with the trifolds once they have had a good pre-wash or 2.

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby sineadrankin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Trial and error eh! Dp isn't convinced, but as long as bryony is comfy and it doesn't affect her sleep I'm willing to give it ago. When she does wee at night it's only once and isn't a huge amount as she goes before bed. She won't give up her night time milk though so that's prob the reason.

Good luck for tonight :)

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 pm

If she is potty trained in the day you could risk the night too. Weenotions do a bed pad or mattress protector that is washable. You may have a few wakeful nights but it might be worth it. :wink:

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 pm

I am in a similar boat. I have a 3 year old that has been day trained for a year but is still quite wet at night. I used disposables on her as I want to guarantee that she sleeps (DD2 doesn't so can't take two of them up!). I use fuzzi bunz and have a lot of hemp but I found that it sort of came out the top. Her pj bottoms sort of sat down into the nappy so they wicked (as I typed that I realised I could start her in nighties :oops: ). I have put DD2 down tonight in a FB with a microfibre, easy peasy hemp and two little lamb bamboo inserts. Do you think I have over compensated? Not sure why I am so nervous of the night nappy :lookround:

I'd love to hear how you get on and what you are stuffing with, and what works for you. I have swaddlebee, Easy Peasy and Hemperoo hemps, as well as little lamb bamboo. Anyone got any opinion on which are 'better'?

Fingers crossed for tonight! :thumbsup:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:23 pm

lisa101 wrote:I'd love to hear how you get on and what you are stuffing with, and what works for you. I have swaddlebee, Easy Peasy and Hemperoo hemps, as well as little lamb bamboo. Anyone got any opinion on which are 'better'?

Hemp and bamboo are the most absorbant inserts. Hemp is very slow to absorb though so you need to put a bamboo on top. Forget any inserts that are microfibre. Little lamb bamboo booster are great, very absorbant & easy peasy hemp are the best hemp boosters.

My avatar
lisa101
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisa101 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Well, it was sort of a success. The nappy was starting to wick when she got up at 7am but she was awake every second hour all night. Don't think it was because of the nappy as she has been doing this for a while now. Wonder does it mean she wees more as she is awake? Her bum didn't feel dry though and it was seriously smelly. I am 30 weeks pregnant so incredibly sensitive to smells at the moment but even DH noticed it. Wonder what it the hemp or simply the volume.

Monsterm, when you say ditch the microfibre do you not put any in at all? Just hemp and bamboo? I sort of felt that the MF gave the nappy some 'structure'. Might try leaving it out today as hate the bulk it creates but worried the hemp and bamboo will crinkle up in the middle of the nappy. Thanks for the advice!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat