hf1

I was so much better with a girl.....

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

I was so much better with a girl.....

Postby Annette » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:50 pm

I had 2 nappy leaks yesterday and both times after I thought oh no Ben must be a super weeer or please don't let it be that these beautiful nappies don't suit him, I have opened up the nappy and found his little winkle pointing upwards. And the first time it was so obvious as it was leaking from the waistband :roll: The second time was 2am and I only realised when I had started to feed him and wondered why I had a wet arm! Didn't enjoy the complete change of nappy, sleepsuit, sleeping bag and sheet at that time of the morning, especially as I try not to change him immediately after a feed as he just sicks it all up :roll:

It was so much easier with a girl, I didn't have to think about these things. I will certainly be more careful from now on!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: I was so much better with a girl.....

Postby Louise » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:53 pm

I was the same with Ryan. We had a couple of leaks at the beginning. I also remember Ryan peeing in DH's eye during one of the few nappy changes he has ever done. :hohoho:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 pm

aww lol, ive never thought of it to be honest but luckily had no leaks, will deffo keep it down from now on tho :lol:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Awww bless!!!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Haha, this made me chuckle as the only time Joshua has ever leaked from a nappy was just a couple of weeks ago when I tried a WN pocket on him as pull-up and forgot to point it down too... :hohoho:

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm

yep, little boys are just totally different to girls when it comes to sorting out their nappy! lol :D I hardly ever had leaks with Abigail, but Benjamin has not only been a heavy wetter from the start, but a tummy sleeper too! Not always sure what goes wrong - think it's just that he's a boy, as I usually *always* try to make sure he's pointing in the right direction - I actually got professional training in nappies as I worked in a nursing home for a couple of years before I got married! LOL And we were taught to always make sure they were situated properly so they didn't end up in the dining room with a wet waist! But occasionally with my little boy, no matter how careful I am, I end up with a bit of wet clothes.

My avatar
Diner
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Diner » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:53 am

:hohoho: Yes, I did the same sort of thing with Tim when he was small. Also got wee'ed on frequently in the first few weeks!!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:40 am

:hohoho: we only had the problems with the weeing with nappy off, never pointing in the wrong direction :shock:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Oh yes, one of the best pieces of nappy advice I've been given is to make sure it's pointing straight down. Connor was always a bit of a power-wee-er and veering off just a smidgen to the side can make all the difference!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat