hf1

Anyone part time ec/natural infant hygiene

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Anyone part time ec/natural infant hygiene

Postby ramsons » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 pm

i wondered if there were any part time ec-ers on here?
just wondered what nappies you use if you ec part time?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Anyone part time ec/natural infant hygiene

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 pm

I think Davina (indigosky) does.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:34 pm

JabberJabber wrote:I think Davina (indigosky) does.

I was going to say the same :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Yes Davina EC'd very successively

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Yes we part time EC :)
Only started about 8 months but he is nappy free for 6-8 hours a day in general. I use all the usual nappies when he is in them and he has days where he decides he wants to have nappies on all day (like yesterday!)
In truth I dont know very much about it , we have been winging it !!!

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 pm

just wondering because i started with ds2 a couple of weeks ago, and i have quite alot of size 1 bamboozles and it seems like a waste of time using them all the time. In that they are getting barely wet, and then they're being washed and taking 2 days to dry. I was wondering about getting something less absorbant, not bulky and quicker drying in the next size up.

ds2 is 12 weeks, and i think we must be something like 50/50 hits and misses with some dry nappies eg i took him out shopping saturday morning and we came home dry for the first time. we are having some dry evenings as well (from about 7-11)

also night nappies i've been using puddlekins/little gumnut , little beetle hemp, ellas house hemp and although i'm not ecing at night they're half dry in the morning.

i even have some bimbles in size 1 that he's not grown out of yet and these are just getting damp at the front during the day.

i'm using interlock wool over the top, just pondering what to buy in the next size.

I didn't ec with ds1 and i thought i knew what nappies i was happy with, but ecing turns it all on its head really :lol: never thought i'd be asking for less absorbant nappies :giggle:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Id probably go with a prefold/flat with a waist band, I know lots of ECers use those as they are easy and fast to get off for potty but will catch accidents. I really dont know with such a small one as I waited til T was mobile but that combo would make sense to me?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat