hf1

Pre-folds

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Pre-folds

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Is it worth getting some? I have one from Littlegumnut but no clue what to do with it as it has a sewn in soaker :oops: Are they a good option for the early days? xx

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Pre-folds

Postby peachy.moo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 pm

I use them folded in a wrap or flip cover- we use them quite a bit for Arlo & for nights etc :)

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 pm

I have a fair few prefolds in my stash and I have to say that generally I really like them - they dry quickly, are nice and absorbent and save me the faff of stuffing pockets. I've bought dozen preloved Swaddlebees newborn prefolds to bulk up Bumps newborn stash too. I've never used cloth on a newborn (though my SIL did) so I can't give any first hand experience there. I generally tri-fold DDs prefolds but will probably nippa the prefolds with the new baby. A good wrap is a must with prefolds though - Thirsties duos and weehuggers work particularly well I've found.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 pm

I love prefolds for the little stage! I nippa them and use them under wool, you could quite easily use them under PUL wraps too.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Im a big pre-fold fan but i have to say that im having issues with them on Darcie at the moment...I bought newborn swaddlebees ones and they are so buttery soft and really lovely (orgianic unbleached) but when ever we use them we get leaks (have tried small LL wraps, small thirsties, thirsties duo size 1's) :-? I will keep trying as i love the ease of prefolds and uised them for a long time exclusivly on kieren too...

ETA they are a lovely trim fit (tri folded in a duo wrap) i just wish they didnt leak within the hour :(

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:17 pm

What absorbent material is in them Tory? Have you tried using a nippa on them (assuming they arent OBV?)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 pm

ok so next question small or newborn and what are the best ones?
The folds confuse me as well :oops:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Kirstyh wrote:ok so next question small or newborn and what are the best ones?
The folds confuse me as well :oops:

You Tube is a great place to look for videos of folding.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 pm

anothersquish wrote:What absorbent material is in them Tory? Have you tried using a nippa on them (assuming they arent OBV?)

Organic cotton...I can use them on Kieren no bother but I have little ones for Darcie...I want to try the thirsties hemp ones!

I have tried a nippa but one pee and they are soaked through because folding them on means you don't have all the layers in the wetzone iykwim??

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat