hf1

Pre-folds

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Pre-folds

Postby mangajude » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Kirstyh wrote:ok so next question small or newborn and what are the best ones?
The folds confuse me as well :oops:

I was the same, so I watched lots of youtube videos and practiced on a teddy bear. As for size, in my opinion small, as our dd was very small and small still fit her fine and she's 5 months now and still fit, you get your money's worth!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Personally I think smalls would swamp a newborn so I guess it depends when you want to use them?? The newborns are plenty big enough to tri fold on Darcie now at 4 months :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:35 pm

panic over now :giggle: I was just being incredibly dumb re the folds!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm

I have some of the OWW prefolds and really like them :) D has been using the smalls since she was a newborn, and they still fit great now tri-folded under a Thirsties Duo wrap, or nippa'd under wool (though I prefer the tri-fold - nice and easy).

Mine are OBV and a soft terry on the other side so they can be nippa'd and they are seriously soft.

Theres an OWW co-op coming up soon too :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:40 pm

was planning on getting in on the co-op hopefully, there is a stocking this afternoon as well but no idea about GMT times!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Maybe I should try an oww one...

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Tri-fold is just in a rectangle yes..? That's what I do- have 2 OWW, some of the econobum inserts- I sometimes sandwich a bamboo booster in the middle for a bit more absorbstion...

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 pm

You should get all three layers in the wetzone if you just wing the backs of the prefold out of a trifold and nippa them at the front?
Do they have any extra absorbency in the middle Tory? Some dont and you can chuck in a bamboo or zorb (or whatever) booster into the fold to get them to last longer.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Eliza yep tri-fold is just fold it over into 3 so its a long rectangle :) And AnotherSquish - thats how I use mine too when Im nippa'ing them - great as a poo catch fold too :lol:

Tory - I usually have to use an OWW booster in the middle now to make it absorbant enough for my super pee'er - these are half the width of your typical booster so dont add alot of bulk, but do mean they last that bit longer, and definately longer than my cotton prefolds ever did :)

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat