hf1

You know you have enough cloth nappies when ...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

You know you have enough cloth nappies when ...

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:18 pm

... you think you have enough for your holiday for 6 days and nights without having to do any nappy washes :shock: (6 day nappies and 1 night nappy) with one load being done just before we leave so we will have 2 days of nappies dry waiting for our return.

But that hasn't stopped me planning my latest custom order - more details to follow as and when :wink:

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: You know you have enough cloth nappies when ...

Postby rachelinscotland » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:24 pm

sooooooo, just how many nappies does this mean you have? ;-)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:37 pm

I don't really know - it was about 100 or so inc prefolds, but then some of those were size 1's and some were bamboo squares which we now use as boosting, so I guess only about 50 nappies actually in use, but we don't have a drier and in the winter they take a day or two to dry.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:41 pm

:shock: :shock: DO you actually use them all in your current rotation? I was thinking I had a lot and had to sell some I still liked because we had so many. In saying that by just selling 4 we have really noticed a difference. Suppose if I could just use woolies and fitteds or just use pockets we wouldn't need as many.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Wow thats a lot!

I think I have enough to last 4 days, but my washing machine isnt big enough so still wash every 2-2.5 days.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 pm

We went up to York a couple of weeks ago, for 3 days and 2 nights... We took what we thought would be just enough nappies for the time away and came back with enough nappies to last throught the day for at least the two days after :) I think we currently have ~ 35 day nappies.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:06 pm

That is some stash of nappies - I dont know how many we have :? I do know that they no longer fit on the nappy stand which once held at least 45, and I have about 15 prefolds left too that are sitting underneath the bed in a baby box :oops: I think you know you have enough when you dont count them anymore :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:21 pm

I know we're only using night nappies now but I should count up what we have left, as if nothing else I need to organise what new fluff to buy!!

Night nappies though we have 7 in current circulation :oops:

And I have a BTP pack of prefolds still :D But likewise I don't really count them anymore :lol:

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Thats a lot of nappies! I think we must havea similar amount though but i've not counted them or seen then all in one big heap at all :lol: W have a reasonable amount of fitteds but do'nt use the every day and a lot of pockets because they are easy for people at nursery, hospital and for dh to use. Not sure if i want to count the nappies really :? I'm still wondering if i should be hanging on to them or not as weve not 100% decided to have another baby or not yet.........

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat