hf1

First WN- Sized or OS?

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

First WN- Sized or OS?

Postby weebee » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:42 am

I had a bad day yesterday and really need some cheering up :-( I think that ordering my first WN is just the medicine that I need :-) However I'm new to this cloth a business and a little overwhelmed by their website- have you any tips for ordering from it? Also would you recommend their fitteds or os? I'm loving sized nappies at the moment as Rory is too small for OS (though getting close to fitting them) but I'd rather not have to put a wrap over a personalised nappy! Thanks for your thoughts and comments!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: First WN- Sized or OS?

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:54 am

Get a sized pocket. No need for a wrap and better chance of a good fit. I couldn't get a good fit with our WNOS when Iris wore nappies and ended up selling them on.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:06 am

Hi Hon!

Eleanor fits beautifully into her small side snap pockets! so she could wear them straight away! - but im dreading the day she grows out of them (is that sad!?!) (maybe an excuse to buy another one!!)
The OS pockets almost fit her with popper fastenings - but they will last her much longer!
Maybe an aplix OS would fit rory better? They look nice - but i do prefer the popper! (they survive the wash better and look better for longer IYKWIM

x

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:25 am

I'd go with a fitted too :D
I got into the whole pocket nappy quite late in the day and tried a few different types via classifieds to see which one(s) might work best.
The Wee Notions site can seem a bit daunting when you first go onto it, but believe me, after a few orders, it gets much easier :wink: :giggle:
And there are always people around here to help out if you get suck :hug:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:40 am

sized pocket. Your bubs is small & skinny so I doubt a one size will fit him

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 am

I wondered the same thing, so started this thread : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81953
I hope that helps! :D

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 am

I went for OS pocket (poppers) for Lucas - I wanted his name on it and for it to be a keepsake nappy, so I figured I'd get the one that would last the longest. It fits him really well on the smallest rise, he's been wearing it since he was around 12lbs as that's when we got it. I do like the side snap fit on Ryan (large) and got a small side snap as a new baby gift for a friend's little girl and it was adorable, but I think this time I'm glad I went with the OS.

Keep in mind the 2-3 week turnaround time from when you order.... he'll have grown by the time you get the nappy! :)

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks everyone! That link to the other thread was especially helpful :-) I'm still debating whether to get something that'll fit now but not in the long run or probably not fit now but [hopefully] will in the long run? The good news is that OH is excited at the prospect of Rory having a personalised, Scotland flag, fluffy bum! Now i just need to find some time to get over my phobia of their site and get ordering. Woohoo!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 am

weebee wrote:Thanks everyone! That link to the other thread was especially helpful :-) I'm still debating whether to get something that'll fit now but not in the long run or probably not fit now but [hopefully] will in the long run? The good news is that OH is excited at the prospect of Rory having a personalised, Scotland flag, fluffy bum! Now i just need to find some time to get over my phobia of their site and get ordering. Woohoo!

well, if he's that excited tell him that in order for you to get the maximum use you'll need to get the small ss now, but then get the same nappy in medium and large as he grows! :giggle: :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat