hf1

Nappies and wraps for teeny tinies

My avatar
Lottie in hospital
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies and wraps for teeny tinies

Postby Lottie in hospital » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:12 am

Iona was born weighing 3lb 5oz but she's very skinny and absolutely teeny. It will prob be a fair while before she can wear cloth as she's currently very poorly in NICU on a ventilator but due to her having the same rare chromosome abnormality as Findlay she's likely not to put weight on that fast so I need to find teeny weeny nappies.

I've ordered a couple of Lil Joeys and a couple of Happy Heinys Minis (which all look huge and easily fit my very skinny 14lb 2yr old but apparently fit from 4lb) plus some Puddlekins newborn all hours for nights when she gets a lot bigger but I was wanting some advice and suggestions for teeny tiny fitteds and wraps.

Findlay was 5lb 7oz at birth but was very skinny for his weight due to being long so the nappies that should fit from 5lb fell off him lol and we were having to fold Diddy diapers almost in half etc and the likes of those and Nappies by Minki teeni preemi were hugely bulky on him and xs wraps were all gaping at the waist and legs so with Iona being so much smaller I'm looking for things that won't be so bulky and will fit better.

Are there are nappies and wraps out there for the real teeny tinies or will she just have to stay in disposables until she's big enough for the likes of Lil Joeys etc?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappies and wraps for teeny tinies

Postby tanya » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 am

http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/Gifts.html There's a few teeny preemie things on this page. I was particularly thinking of the dolly tots - they really are tiny (fit my DD's dolls). Not overly absorbent, but I doubt you need that just yet anyway.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 am

Could you contact a WAHM and have some things made specifically? I was thinking of Ems at puddlekins?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 am

megansmummy wrote:Could you contact a WAHM and have some things made specifically?

WSS I would think that would be the only option TBH.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: Have a look on http://www.prem2pram.co.uk, they have everything for teeny tinies :D Hope she's better really soon hun.

ETA Or look at loobylus.com, Lucy has been making teeny nappies too :wink:

My avatar
Lottie in hospital
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lottie in hospital » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:47 am

I hadn't even thought about asking a WAHM if they'd be able to make any nappies or wraps :doh: :doh: I'll definitely do that once she's doing better and can be measured.

Ooo imagine how adorable a teeny weeny girly wool soaker would be :drool:

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 pm

I borrowed some premmie tots bots nappies from Sharon at www.greenjellyshop.co.uk. My dd was 3lb 9oz, her dd was 4lb 1.5oz. They were premature tots bots. XS weenotions wraps, xs airflows and prowraps fitted from surprisingly small.

Newborn swaddlebees also fitted. Julie at Tempestous Poppet bought some of the tiny cute wham nappies that fitted, her daughter will have grown out of them - not sure if she has sold on yet. XS fuzzis also fit from tiny - I got one preloved from here.

It depended who her scbu nurse was whether they would put them on her or if they'd use their micro pampers. When I was there to put her in a nappy, it was cloth as much as I could get away with. They said they needed to weigh nappies to see how much she'd wee'd in the early days so prefered the disps, I didn't really want to get into a battle about cloth nappies being as weighable as a disp, quite easy to write on her chart etc.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:47 pm

There is a 'Teeni Preemi' section on the minknappies.co.uk website :wink:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic