Bedtime nappy elastic

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Bedtime nappy elastic

Postby HannahBanana » Tue May 29, 2007 7:53 am

Help it seems to be irritating Erin's legs :cry:

Since the smelly nappy incident I have been put naff all and sometimes no powder in the wash with the nappies. The first time I did it I also used lavender and tea tree oil but then she got sore bits and i remember steph saying lavender did that to isabelle so the next few washes i didn't use it. I've also been doing rinse and spins more.

She seems ok in the day but first thing when i take her bedtime nappy off her legs are sore where the elastic goes. Any ideas? any tips?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 29, 2007 8:50 am

Am I right in saying that all your night nappies are fleece Minkis? If this is not working for you then tbh the only thing that I would recommend for a night nappy for any baby, but espeacially those with sensitive skin is using a nappy with a wool wrap. Louis doesn't have sensitive skin but the difference in his skin in the morning is unbelievable. If his skin is a bit red before bed (maybe had a bad nappy etc) it is generally cleared by the morning as wool just breathes and it is unbelievably good for the skin. :D

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue May 29, 2007 9:06 am

Yes I would recommend wool too. So much more breathable.

Is she getting to the upper weight limit for the nappies she's in? Maybe they are getting too small and that's why they are marking her legs. Have you got any different nappies you could try? I've used two day nappies together when I haven't got anything else left and that works fine.

Ali[/img]

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue May 29, 2007 9:09 am

yep minkis. I love them too boohoo!

So what nappy do I use with wool then? I'm gonna need help on this one lol!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue May 29, 2007 9:19 am

You can use anything that is going to be absorbant enough. i find that microfibre doesn't work as well with wool but terry or bamboo are great.

And you don't usually need as much absorbancy as you would with a PUL or fleece wrap because the wool will absorb some of it and it will allow some to be evaporated.

What have you got?

Ali

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 29, 2007 9:22 am

Well there are a few options, my personal fave has to be the hemp/terry stuffie from angeltots.co.uk, it is so slim, it has a pocket so is fleece lined and then comes with 1 hemp insert, I tend to add another hemp insert and a mf cloth, but you'll already know what stuffing you need for Erin. Another fleece lined that is great is the bambeasy (well I've not actually used it but I have the bumbles and they would be really great in bamboo!!). Then if you dont' mind not having a fleece lined nappy ( you add your own liner) Kiwi quick flips and Baby Beehind Bamboo are both fab.

The reason I didn't perhaps mention all this when you started was that you were getting on so well with pockets and I didn't want to overwhelm you and it was working so well for you. :? :D I guess you just have to adjust because of her skin, poor little thing. :?

hths a bit, keep asking till you work out what you want to do.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 29, 2007 9:23 am

Ali, she only has pockets so its a whole new world!!!! :lol: :lol: 8)

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue May 29, 2007 9:36 am

Aaah, how exciting and a good excuse to shop!

I love my my kiwi quick flips which need little or no extra boosting even on Harry who is 3. And I have a few bamboo clwt twt which are very good but not as absorbant as the quick flip. The swaddlebees OV one-size is also good.

I've heard lots of good comments about stuffies and baby beehinds bamboo (I'd still love one of these but am resisting) as night nappies too.

Ali

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue May 29, 2007 9:51 am

So for example I buy the bambeasy and it needs stuffing as well as a wool wrap?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat