hf1

Need to get Finn into night time cloth - recommendations?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Need to get Finn into night time cloth - recommendations?

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:48 am

Annette - can you please tell me which wrap(s) you use with the Swaddlebees and Baby Beehinds at night? I've been looking at both of these nappies, but can't decide which wraps would work best. At the moment, DD wears a fleece wrap at night. But it seems to be very damp to the touch when I pick her up. DH has resorted to putting her in a PUL wrap overnight (he's in charge of changing when he's in!). But I'd prefer Iris to be in something more breathable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nichola

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:57 am

Soupdragon wrote:Annette - can you please tell me which wrap(s) you use with the Swaddlebees and Baby Beehinds at night? I've been looking at both of these nappies, but can't decide which wraps would work best. At the moment, DD wears a fleece wrap at night. But it seems to be very damp to the touch when I pick her up. DH has resorted to putting her in a PUL wrap overnight (he's in charge of changing when he's in!). But I'd prefer Iris to be in something more breathable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nichola

WOOL!!!!
i actually have a baby beehinds wool wrap which i love, i've never used it over my baby beehinds nappy, but it must fit as its designed too, and would eb fine over a swaddlebees too.
or maybe shorties? they fit over everything

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi Shevi,

I've been toying with the idea of wool. I guess I'm just a bit skeptical - how dry it stays and how easy it is to care for. I shall look at the Baby Beehinds one though - didn't know they did one. Doh!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Hi Shevi,

I've been toying with the idea of wool. I guess I'm just a bit skeptical - how dry it stays and how easy it is to care for. I shall look at the Baby Beehinds one though - didn't know they did one. Doh!

That's how I was at first - honestly, this lanolising lark sounded like sooooo much hassle but honestly they're dead easy!
Plus you don't need to wash after every use which means less washing, bonus in my book...

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Yes, it's the lanolising that's putting me off a little. But, I s'pose you don't know until you try! So I guess I should just get on with it and stop debating. :lol: Sorry for hijacking the thread. :oops:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:14 pm

I use wool for Charlotte every night but haven't yet tried it on Ben. We just use either medium Rikki or Wee Notions wraps at the moment and they are working fine.

Will be getting Ben into wool soon though.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:44 am

Annette wrote:I use wool for Charlotte every night but haven't yet tried it on Ben. We just use either medium Rikki or Wee Notions wraps at the moment and they are working fine.

Will be getting Ben into wool soon though.

Thanks for that. :)

I had a look at wool wraps and will be ordering one. I'm just going to wait a few weeks until she's in a medium size, rather than buying a small that's not going to last for very long. I did order one Swaddlebee and one Baby Beehind nappy though, so hopefully they'll help with the compression wicking issues that we're having at the moment

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat