hf1

Little LO's in flips? Pics?

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Little LO's in flips? Pics?

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 am

Damn it I wish I hadn't looked at this thread, do they work that well then? I was put off prefolds by bambino mio and i thought that was what a flip was but I have some flip wraps I use over fitteds (which are now getting too small) and I'm very flip curious, cheap and cheerful way of bumping up the stash?!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 am

Get some thirsties pre-folds.... They fit well and are cheaper than flip inserts :P

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:54 am

Gah, you lot made me buy some more! I got a stay dry and an organic and looking at them I think I'll probably prefer the organic as my wee man is a heavy wetter and it just looks more super piddle capable but worth giving them both a bash methinks. Charli what size thirsties do you use in yours and how abaorbant are they. Reubs is on the med setting for a BG pocket so assume he will be for a flip too. Will pop one on later and take a pic.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:59 am

For anyone with very little ones Flip are now making newborn inserts as well as the normal sized ones! I love my Flips and will be getting some of the newborn inserts when we have baby no 2 :D

http://www.thenaturalbabyresource.co.uk ... -Pack.html

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:02 am

Roo in his grasshopper flip with organic insert, he peed a fountain just before I put it on all over his mat :/ and it's been on 30 mins and it's soaked, it's only been prewashed once so I'm still hopeful but now very doubtful the stay dry will work for us.

ETA: he is 15wks tomorrow, is on 50th centile for height and 9th for weight and is on smallest setting for a flip.

My avatar
Lover
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lover » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:15 pm

I think the stay dry insert is surprisingly absorbent for microfibre. Leo also leaked on the first use of the organic insert but it had only been washed once. Last night we left 4 organic inserts in a bath of water so hopefully they'll be up to full absorbency now. We'll be testing them out once they've had another wash :)

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:23 pm

babiesgalore+1more wrote:Image
m
Roo in his grasshopper flip with organic insert, he peed a fountain just before I put it on all over his mat :/ and it's been on 30 mins and it's soaked, it's only been prewashed once so I'm still hopeful but now very doubtful the stay dry will work for us.

ETA: he is 15wks tomorrow, is on 50th centile for height and 9th for weight and is on smallest setting for a flip.

totally gorgeous pic

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:10 am

You'll have to let me know how the organics are after their 'bath'. Mine is sat in the nappy bucket waiting to be washed today if I could just stop being sick and get out of bed! I used the microfibre after the organic and I have to say I was VERY impressed for mf, it lasted a good 2 hrs. I think well probably have to use organic in the morning when he pees the most (now he's sleeping through he has a MASSIVE feed in the morn and then pees like a toddler till about lunchtime!) and then mf when he slows down a bit in the afternoon.

Oh and thanks :D I do think he's gorgeous too but I know I'm slightly biased!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat